1st Annual APN Symposium

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Meetups & Events 1st Annual APN Symposium

This topic contains 37 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Slaw901 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Marica

Mark your calendars! This is a pre-announcement. Details to follow soon.

Announcing the

First Annual
    American Preppers Network Symposium

“Get started”

Hosted by Mississippi Preppers Network

March 18-20, 2010 PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DATE HAS CHANGED. THIS DATE IS ONE WEEK EARLIER THAN PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED
    North/central Mississippi

The moderators of Mississippi Preppers Network (MSPN) extend to all members and friends of the American Preppers Network (APN) an invitation to the First Annual American Preppers Network Symposium to be held March 18-20, 2010 at Farther Along Farm.

Theme: The theme is “Get Started.” Get started prepping. Get started taking those first steps to self-reliance. Get started meeting– face-to-face– some like minded folks from all across the country. No matter where you are in your preps, this gathering will provide an opportunity to learn and teach freedom through self-reliance.

Among the topics will be:

Vegetable gardening: Top 10 “newbie” mistakes
    Stocking your pantry: Commonsense strategies for building up food stores
    Storing dry goods
    Preserving fruits and vegetables (TOPIC VOLUNTEERED FOR BY DEBORAH FROM MISSISSIPPI. THANKS DEBORAH!)
    Strategies for involving family
    Prepping in small spaces
    Meeting the challenges of urban prepping
    Becoming debt free (almost)

APN’s motto is “Freedom through Teaching Others Self-Reliance.” The Symposium provides an opportunity to do just that. Please invite others.

Phelan

I might be able to make it. I am less then a days ride to Mississippi anyway. Hope this will have a great turnout.

kymber

we won’t be able to make it but i recommend that anyone who can – GO!!! this is going to be history in the making and when we are all old and gray, we’ll be able to say “remember way back when we had the first Preppers Symposium”? i sure hope that one day we can make it down to meet up with you all!

Phelan – i am really glad to see that you might be able to make it!!!

Marica – let me know if there is anything that i can do to help!

mmpaints
    Participant

Wow guys, how cool. This is something I’ve tried to do here on our Double M Farm for years. If I can break away and make the 14 hour drive, I’ll be there.

idahobob

We just might be able to make the trek from Idaho for this. 😮

I’m looking at the possibility of taking some training in Tennessee starting on the 29th, sooooo if we can swing that, we will definitely see y’all!! 😀

Bob
    III

Marica

Awesome! Spread the word!

CoM

This is a great idea. I may be able to make it since I am in Louisiana.

Where in Mississippi is the farm?

Marica

@com: I knew this would come up! Obviously, we can’t have a real life symposium if I don’t tell you where we are. For now, let’s just say we’re about 40 miles west of Starkville.

idahobob

I assume(dangerous thing, I know) that you will probably PM or email those of us that commit to coming, with more specific instructions on how to find the event.

Maybe even some suggestions on where to stay? Ya know, motels, Bed and Breakfast, campgrounds and the like.

Hope that it works out for us to make it. It should be a lot of fun.

Bob
    III

Phelan

yes, I will need a camping area, if camping isn’t allowed on site. Or Motorcycle friendly hotels (camping preferred however)

Marica

We actually have a plan! And it does include things sorts of things. Tom is going to get something set up here about registering or whatever you want to call it. And I don’t think I need to explain to anyone here why I’d prefer to do just what you say, send specific details privately.

One of the main reasons I went ahead and posted the announcement is because of all the recent traffic on the site, and thinking that folks would be spending more time than usual on-line this weekend!

Anywhoo… Plenty of camp grounds very close, so no worries.

CoM

Thanks marcia for the info.

That’s about 5 hrs from me.

kymber

ugh. i am so jealous that some of you are so close. but so glad. i want you all to meet up. i look forward to a few years down the road when we can join you all. it will be so great!

Marica

Well Kymber– CPN can host the 5th Annual Symposium! But make sure it’s in the dead heat of summer.

kymber

bahahaha! the CPN will be happy to host the 5th Symposium….but it would have to be held in Nunavut in the dead of winter…you wouldn’t get to see the beautiful aurora borealis otherwise!!! nor learn how to make igloos!

it just wouldn’t be Canadian enough without the igloos!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘1st Annual APN Symposium’ is closed to new replies.

American Preppers Network Forum