1st Annual APN Symposium

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Meetups & Events 1st Annual APN Symposium

This topic contains 37 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Slaw901 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Hubby has family in MS (Fulton), so I’ll mention it to him. (He’s also a big fan of MSU in Starkville!) Unfortunately, vacation weeks are already picked, but we might be able to get a few extra days. I’ll keep you posted!

Marica

Great! And who isn’t an MSU fan?? LOL (Maybe those folks at The School Up North.)

nighthawk

you are only about 4 hours away from us!!!! we may try to make it, I think that it would be fun:-)

Jinnig1

I’m not sure how long an igloo would last around me … I love to come in from the cold and cozy up to the wood stove and thaw out. It wouldn’t be the same sitting in a puddle of water as I gaze up in the night sky watching the stars and aurora borealis…feeling the wind howling by…cuddling sled dogs for warmth. (That’s how you tell how cold it is in Canada, isn’t it? 1 dog night, 2 dog night, 3 dog night?? Hardy folks!

Just teasing Kymber…I had a great-grandpa who was Canadian.. 😉

kymber

bahhaahhaaha – Jinnig – how did you know that that’s the way we do weather forecasts over here!?!?! and hey – if you got even the tiniest bit of Canadian in you from your great grandpa – you can handle an igloo!

juju_mommy

That would be awesome! That would be a 5 hour drive for me, which would be do-able. But don’t know right now if funds or (vacation) time would be available. But perhaps put me on an “interested” list for future details/reminders? But I’ll try to remember to keep it in mind.

PS. I did, though, check off “Notify me when a reply is posted” on the post options so that will help keep it in my mind (new to the forum, so forgive me LOL)

IceFire

@jinnig1 wrote:

…cuddling sled dogs for warmth. (That’s how you tell how cold it is in Canada, isn’t it? 1 dog night, 2 dog night, 3 dog night??

I kicked the dogs out of the bedroom when one of them peed on the bed in the middle of the night. (I was NOT happy!)

Just wanted to let you know that we will not be able to make the symposium, unfortunately. I hope that you will have a big post about it with pictures, though.

Marica

@Gen-IL Homesteader wrote:

Just wanted to let you know that we will not be able to make the symposium, unfortunately. I hope that you will have a big post about it with pictures, though.

Sorry to hear. Didn’t I see that your son (daughter) is home from overseas?

Our son was going to be coming home (well, to the States) on this past Monday, but now it’s supposed to be the 8th of Feb. He’ll be somewhere (HA, CA, or VA) for 2 weeks, and we are planning on going to wherever he is on the second week. (Hubby has vacation that week. Unfortunately, his vaca. has to be picked in NOV. of the previous year. Not alot of wiggle room for spontaneous travel, which is why we can’t make it to the symposium. But it happened to work out well for son’s trip!) SOOOOO looking forward to it!!! We haven’t seen him since the end of July! Woo-Hoo! It would be nice if the military would give us more solid info so we could actually make plans and buy tickets, but what can we do? We wait!!!

Marica

I bet you are! We will miss you, but are *very* happy you’ll se able to see your son. 🙂

PreparedInTN

We’re not too far in West TN, but not sure I can make it. With hubby gone with the Reserves this whole year, taking care of the cows, bees, his business and doing homeschool for our 3 girls all falls to me – but I’m keeping it in the back of my mind!

Thanks much, Marica! I can’t wait to hear about it and live vicariously through your/others reports and pictures. I’m hoping this becomes a yearly tradition and that we can make it another year.

Prepared inTN, it sounds like you sure are busy! God bless you and your kids with your hubby gone.

kymber

Ladies – we are all going to help Marica in whatever way we can to make this thing work! then we are going to do everything that we can to ensure that we can do this every year for at least 5 years! becuz the 6th Annual Prepping Symposium is going to be held at MY homestead in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada – and by that point – we are going to be able to cover everyone’s travel costs — wouldn’t that be awesome?!??!?!?

let’s all pitch in and make sure that the FIRST symposium is as awesome as it can be!!!

Marica – start assigning duties!

Marica

Hold on. Let me get back to you. There’s one thing up in the air I need to check on.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘1st Annual APN Symposium’ is closed to new replies.

American Preppers Network Forum