CANDLES-Long Burning, Like Church Candles

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  arkieready 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

recon

http://www.batterysavers.com/Emergency-Candles.html

:gunsmile:

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Added tags
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Edited Thread Title
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  ReadyMom.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  ReadyMom.
    • This topic was modified 4 months ago by  ReadyMom.

NantanLupan

I saw a 100 hour candle this morning when a prepper friend of mine were looking for different prepping items. I showed it to him, and he asked “does it burn for 100 hours straight, or can you put it out during that time?” I couldn’t figure it out, although I would imagine it could be put out. Does anybody know the answer?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Added tags
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  ReadyMom.

Anonymous

We keep several cases on hand in our hurricane kit for summer lighting… Low heat which is great for summer emergencies…

http://www.candles4less.com/candles/Lamp-Fuel/36-Hour-Disposable-Fuel-Cell-24-Case

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Added tags
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  ReadyMom.

ReadyMom

MERGED Posts

dmwalsh568
    Participant

I get similar looking candles for $1 each at the dollar store. I haven’t burned one all the way down, but I did leave it burning for about 6 hours as a test and it didn’t burn down too fast. Was easy enough to blow out with a puff of breath, but snuffing it out by covering the jar top should work too. Tricky part would be relighting it once you’re more than a few inches down from the top. If you have those disposable long stem butane lighters, not a problem, but regular kitchen matches might be an issue…

Illini Warrior
    Participant

one thing to avoid with candles are the scented ones – you’d think a little scenting would be beneficial with close quarters living and lack of some sanitation >>>> but it turns more nauseating than pleasant meadow of flowers or romance ….

another aspect is safety – if you have kids involved make sure to tack the candle holder down – don’t tempt them to take a candle along back to their bedroom or to the bathroom – same same with oil lamps and lanterns ….

arkieready
    Participant

A long piece of spaghetti, dry. Makes a good long “match”. I used to use it to light my furnace. I taped 2 together for a bigger flame. Or a regular match taped to a pencil.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.