LIGHTS-Solar Yard Lights

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ReadyMom 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

FussyOldHen

Quite a few people here have mentioned that they bought some of those solar yard lights for using indoors in an ‘electric-free’ emergency situation.

I bought six a couple of weeks ago, and I have some questions. Well, actually, just one main question: Why bother? I must be missing something here, other than the no-open-flame danger.

I removed the seal and left one in the bright sunlight all day, and then brought it indoors. The only use I can see for these is possibly preventing someone from falling over a light-colored sleeping dog in the dark.

Each light puts out 1 lumen. That’s equivalent to 1 candlepower or candela. I would be surprised if they put out the light of a one-wick candle.

The next week, I went to a couple of stores and looked over their supply of solar lights, and ALL of them were either labeled for a single lumen, or it wasn’t indicated at all (and I really looked).

So, I’m baffled. Why bother?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Edited Thread Title

tigger2

Someone mentioned the $3.00 solar driveway lights at Walmart, the other day. I can’t remember who it was. I went to Walmart a few minutes ago. They did a rollback. The lights are $1.50 now. I bought 2 for $3.00. I have one in the sun. I took the other one apart. It’s easy to do. There are 3 screws that hold the bottom plate on. The lights have 1 led bulb.
    The lights have an automatic switch. Right not the light is on because it is not pointed directly at the overhead light in my room. If I point the light directly at the overhead light, the solar light cuts off. Considering that the solar light has only 1 led, it is fairly bright. There is 1 rechargeable AA battery inside the light and is easily removed. Pretty neat.

ReadyMom

MERGED Posts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum