REFRIGERATION-Solar Fridges

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ReadyMom 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TNCurly

I’m diabetic and have accumulated about a 9 mo supply of insulin at this point in time. My goal is to have at least a one year supply on hand. I have read about solar fridges else where but, like many other things, I like to get some feedback from others that have first hand experience. So, my question is, has anyone here used these and, if so, can you provide a brief accounting of your experience. I’m hoping to purchase one within the next few weeks and want to make the best purchasing decision possible.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Edited Thread Title

Bluedogfan

I am trying to put together a solar panel system to run my refrigerator and chest freezer. I have at most $3000.00 to spend on the project. I already have a 1800 watt Xantrex inverter, so I need to get batteries, panels, charge controller, breakers, and wiring. I figure that a 800-1000 watt system with 400-600 amp hours of batteries will do the job.

I have done a lot of reading, but just can’t decide on which system will be best for my plans. If anyone here has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Due to the inverter I have the system will have to be 12v. Recommendations on batteries, panels, and charge controllers would be very helpful. Thanks

FussyOldHen

This was invented by a young English woman for use in Africa. It looks home-reproduceable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1108343/Amazing-solar-powered-fridge-invented-British-student-potting-shed-helps-poverty-stricken-Africans.html

It says it will keep the temp down to 6ºC (43ºF). I wanted to compare it to how cool a zeer pot will get, and ran across this link that said it would only get that cool under certain conditions of ambient temperature and humidity: http://rebuildingcivilization.com/content/busting-myths-about-zeer-pot

Has anyone ever tried anything like this? Or even zeer pots?

ReadyMom

MERGED Posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum