anesthsia: di-ethyl ether

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Illini Warrior 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

safeathome
    Participant

I read an article on shtf anesthesia (https://survivalblog.com/anesthesia-for-traumatic-times/) and found it helpful. I know that I don’t want to prepare to be a shtf anesthetist any more than I want to be a shtf brain surgeon. I do think it as much as I can reasonably do to have materials on hand in a crisis that I hope a trained person will be able to use. Di-ethyl ether appears to be an agent with the best balance among factors of safety, cost effectiveness and adequacy. The market for di-ethyl ether is kind of like for antibiotics; antibiotics are controlled by prescription but you can buy them without restraint for yor your fish or your birds. Di-ethyl ether use for anesthesia is strongly discouraged and you can’t buy any that states in its labelling or literatures that it’s effective for anesthesia . You can buy it by the gallon (slight exageration) if you want it as a lab regent, for photography or to spray down a carburetor.

All that being said, is this stuff appropriate for the way it is still being used in “developing nations”? Ether, Anhydrous, Reagent Grade, 500 mL, Synonym: Ethyl ether, Formula:(C2H5)2O Found here: https://www.carolina.com/specialty-chemicals-d-l/ether-anhydrous-reagent-grade-500-ml/861348.pr It’sa great price compared to other search hits.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  safeathome. Reason: minor corrections
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  safeathome.

Illini Warrior
    Participant

I thought you were going to post about kitchen cooking chloroform – that circulated around until it was finally banned ….

ether is a restricted product in that cncentrated form ….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum