Any one from Montana

This topic contains 83 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  mtcarl 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Bert

Havre, MT here. I’m new just signed up.

mtcarl
    Participant

Welcome Bert, we want to get to gether latter this spring…

MTJoe

Hello again Bert! mtcarl is pretty active on the board here, and he and I have been talking about a spring get together. I sent you my private contact info as well Bert.

mtcarl, Have I sent you my contact info yet? I do not recall! 😕

Bert

Thanks, I think a get together would be fun.

mtsky

Hi,

Hey MT Joe and Homesteader. 🙂

I’m north of Glasgow, close to Joe. I know Homesteader when I lived in the Banana Belt. LOL!

I’m due in Mid-May. So any meet up before then would be great by me! Of course, I’ll be down your way Homesteader sometime soon. Hockey season is just about over. Yeah! I gotta pick up my spinning wheel and new front door.

glocker21

Helena

mtcarl
    Participant

Hi glocker21, Conrad here….

Anymore planning on this folks? Ben kind of quite around here lately. Soon it’s going to be getting into my busy time. I’d be wiling to help organize, maybe the picnic food? Just let me know before I get to involved in digging in the dirt*wink*
    Blessings,
    Kelle

MTJoe

I dont know, I am for it! Where, is I think what we should decide first, then when, and if your not going chime in. I can be emailed direct at mtjoe@nemont.net

Bert

I’d love to get involved with planning but unfortunately I’m a rail roader that works 3rd shift and has Wed & Thurs for a weekend. Kind of limits my social life.

mtcarl
    Participant

Hi all…A question— but don’t answer if you think or don’t want others to see the responce….

What are we doing for the stocking up, hidding stuff, getting ready for ________?

As for me, packing away rice, beans, sugar, salt, and other items i other do not need to know about…

Bert

Clarify please, what are we getting ready for, or what are we doing to get ready? If it’s the what for as indicated by your blank, then my answer would be any situation that would required me to live a self sustained life for a while (Black Swans, social upheaval, layoffs). If it’s the what am I doing, then as a newbie I’m researching, studying, learning, plugging into a network of experienced folks with tons of tips/info and working lots of overtime to earn extra money to purchase items for food storage, a large pressure caner, grain mill, etc. and trying to get my wife on the same page (she’s slowly coming around). Probably the same reasons most the folks on here are prepping. The bottom line is, it’s my responsibility as a MAN to take care of my family.

Why did you ask?

DianaMT

Yep – Billings. 😀

Hi All – I joined yesterday, and thought I would check in to see what my fellow MT-ans are doing.

I moved here w/my husband and kids 14 years ago. Within 1 month of living here, I picked up canning. I have learned several homesteading skills since then.

Anyone order from Azure Standards? I just place my 1st order with them. I plan on ordering bulk beans every month.

The meetup sounds great. I will talk to my husband, I know he would love it too.

DianaMT

MTJoe

SO cool! I get down there now and again! Will have to let you know and I will bring my drop spindle! Maybe do a trade if my garden grows good!

DianaMT

That sounds great!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum