Anyone have a manufactured Hydro power plant?

Welcome to APN! Forums Survival, Preparedness, and Sustainability Energy Hydro Anyone have a manufactured Hydro power plant?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RollingwithR 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

RollingwithR

I’m looking to add a manufactured hydro plant to my off grid power system. Something I can move into place on a large pallet. Anyone out there already running a system like this? Speak up, tell me about it, product reviews welcomed!
    Also I have 3 genral hydro questions, but frist you need to know about my water supply. It’s a seasonal Creek runs 8 to 10 months out of the year. There’s about 100ft of fall on my property. And I’d have to run power lines for roughly 50 yards to get from the bottom of that drop to my battery bank.
    Q1 is the changing flow rate of a seasonal Creek a concern, if the creek falls below a minimum flow rate can that cause any damage?
    Q2 type of power generation, with that far of a carry should I generate AC that I then convert to DC at my battery bank, or start off generating DC and hope to make up for the voltage drop by uesing low resistance wire like for solar panels?
    Q3 what is a reasonable expectation of power I can generate? Can hydro come anywhere close to equaling say 6kw generator?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.