anyone make homemade laundry soap?

This topic contains 129 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  ReadyMom 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)
  • Author

GertyGoose

Just a little added Blurb… you should run white vinegar in your rinse water if you don’t already… ( I use that for my softner no your clothes dont smell like pickles 🙂 ) and NEVER NEVER Use Liquid Bleach and Vinegar together caustic… The Vinegar helps with not having soap build up in your pipes…

Also on tipnut they have alot of recipes for laundry soap liquid and dry…small batch and LARGE lol

Blessings
    GG

Alaska Rose

I never have to worry about that, no plumbing and no running water, LOL. Vinegar also is a nice hair rinse.

roolu

I used this laundry soap recipe listed here, and it works great! My colors are so bright and there are no harsh smells to stir up my asthma/allergies. Once again, thanks for sharing it.

Muzhik

@scifichick wrote:

I could not find the Fels Naptha here in my town so I used Ivory. ( I read a recipe somewhere that suggested it)

One of the original selling points for Ivory was that it floated in water. It meant that when you were doing laundry and the soap dropped in the tub, you didn’t have to blindly grope in the bottom of the tub to find it; it simply floated to the top.

kymber

i love ivory soap – 99 and 44 one hundred percent pure. it’s the only soap i use. as soap. i use other various stuff for hair. sorry, getting off topic!

Muzhik

@kymber wrote:

i love ivory soap – 99 and 44 one hundred percent pure. it’s the only soap i use. as soap. i use other various stuff for hair. sorry, getting off topic!

Not really. We’re talking about materials you can use to make laundry soap that can be used in modern washing machines. If we can substitute Ivory, then all the better.

Shelli

I make laundry detergent with ivory, and I love it! 🙂

kymber

thanks Shelli! i keep reading about naptha(sp?) and whatnot and i just keep thinking- why not ivory soap! so you have helped me with this! yer a doll Shelli!

Shelli

😉 Glad to be of at least some help.

kymber

Shelli – yer a great help around here! (don’t think i don’t see you welcoming new members and showing interest in a pile of posts – that’s a bigger help than you realize!!!). plus – you have been sharing your knowledge and helping us too! (so there!)

Shelli

😛 :floppytongue: Kymber, I don’t know if you’ve noticed yet, but I have a hard time taking compliments, but I am glad to be of help. Just trynig to help make this place the absolutely friendliest forum ever. Is that even a word? absolutely friendliest? LOL @ myself. Anyway, if we are the absolutely friendliest board out there, people will want to come here and see what all the fuss is about, then they will WAKE UP and start prepping! 😳 :offtopic: :dots: :thumbsup: I love these smiley guys. :rofl:

kymber

Shelli – yer so right about making this a great place for people to come and wake up and start prepping – look at YOU teaching the APN’s motto – you go girl!
    (and i think that you are going to have to get over that “hard time taking compliments” thing – seems you have been getting quite a few compliments from several members on a few forums now????)
    (oh…and we really need to do an “intervention” about that “smiley” thing that you got going on…i know it’s hard…but take a deep breath, stand up in front of the forum and say…”my name is Shelli. and i am an addict. i am addicted to smiley emoticon-thingies.”

you can do it Shell…we’re all here to help! bahahahahha!)

Lucky6

Fels Naptha Soap is on sale today only for 99 cents @ soapsgonebuy.com

Muzhik

I’m lucky. The grocery store across the street sells it for $1.10 normally. Now all I have to do is find a used cheese grater to use in grating it and I’ll be set to go.

roolu

I finally found a local store that carries Fels Naptha. Of course, I had already stocked up on ivory. LOL!

Oh well, now I have both and have plenty to last for a while should I need it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum