PREP PLANS-Are you really prepared?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dmwalsh568 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eochief66
    Participant

I thought this was worth reposting.
    I copied this from another forum!

“Good Day Everyone,

Just another thought of the day for all non-existent people in this group (not the 5-6 people who post something). As far as I am concerned, they are probably just animated bots [​IMG]:)

SHTF is an entity that takes great takes delight in dropping by unannounced and seeing you at your worst: still in your underwear, out of coffee, and taken utterly by surprise.

SHTF never occurs at ANY convenient time, nor does SHTF care about ANY of your shit-for-brain prepping excuses.In fact, SHTF thrives and grows exponentially under more
    adverse circumstances and the greater the “unpreparedness” you have, the greater the impact on your life.

So Suck It Up Fuzzball, put on your boots, and power through it.

– SHTF doesn’t care about inclement weather – snow, hail, tornadoes, pouring rain, and hurricanes all just add to the party atmosphere for SHTF.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you sprained your ankle, broke your leg, or are otherwise less than ambulatory. If you have to bug out without a vehicle, you have to bug out, regardless of your injury status.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you decided to start prepping after you take that trip to Disney-world (because how can you do it before? That trip is expensive!!!!)

– SHTF doesn’t care that you are on a boat in the middle of the ocean, regardless of what you paid for the luxury cruise.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you had planned to get your vehicle repaired. You have to evacuate regardless of the leak from the oil pan, the condition of the brakes,
    and the funny noise in the transmission.

– SHTF doesn’t care that the entire family is ill with the stomach flu. The entire family will just have to pause to throw up while bugging out.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you need new hiking boots, or some winter boots and that you just haven’t had time to get to the store and buy them. You’ll be walking through the apocalypse, in 2 feet of snow, in the ratty shoes you have with the sole half torn off.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you planned to buy some emergency food with your next paycheck. You’ll be dining on a can of peaches and some stale crackers.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you always use electronic banking. If the ATMS are down and you have no cash, you cannot buy anything.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you had planned to get the propane tank refilled and now the propane trucks aren’t running because of the ice storm that has turned your neighborhood into a mini Arctic Circle.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you used all your ammo at the range and Walt-Mart has been out for the past month.

– SHTF doesn’t care that both the store and Starbucks are closed because of a power outage and you are totally out of coffee because you didn’t build, even a small stockpile.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you are wearing high heels when your car skids in slippery/icy road conditions and you end up in a ravine, you can’t find your cell phone, or there is no service, or the battery is dead etc – you still have to climb out of the car and the ravine in those high heels.

– SHTF doesn’t care that the pharmacies are closed because of a pandemic and that you have no OTC medications or home remedies – if you catch the virus,
    you will suffer through it without medicine to treat it. And so will your kids.

– SHTF doesn’t care that your truck is almost out of fuel and the local gas stations have closed because of the disaster. If you have to bug out, you may end up walking instead of driving.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you are depressed because you just broke up with your spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend etc.

– SHTF doesn’t care if you’re in a funk because you lost your job or your dog died. Shit happens when Shit happens.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you have made a rock-solid plan to get in shape – as soon as the weather warms up. You’ll be sucking wind as you hurry up that hill in the cold.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you are visiting your in-laws, the most unprepared people on the planet, and you failed to put some emergency food, water, and supplies in the trunk of your car.

– SHTF doesn’t care that your wood is not dry. It’ll bring you a blizzard if it wants to bring you a blizzard and laugh its ass off as you try to stay warm.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you have 300 pounds of beans, wheat berries, and rice but failed to plan on a way to cook them.

– SHTF doesn’t care that you don’t know how to cook over an open fire without inflicting 2nd-degree burns on yourself.

– SHTF doesn’t care if you have only a week’s supply of toilet paper – if the crisis lasts longer than a week, things will be progressively less pleasant regardless of your intention to purchase more Charmin.

– SHTF doesn’t care you planned to reinforce your door frame, install a metal security door, and build a safe room – if thugs arrive to invade your home, your hollow core doors will serve as a minor inconvenience instead of a deterrent.

– SHTF doesn’t care if you think guns are bad and scary. Rest assured, if you don’t have one, the people coming to take your supplies will.

– SHTF doesn’t care if you think “doomsday preppers” are bat crap crazy, if you don’t believe the fecal matter is headed towards the oscillating device, or whether you think it’s all an alternative media conspiracy theory. Whatever your excuse may be, you may rest assured, SHTF won’t care about that either.

You already know the things that you should be doing to prepare for a disaster. When SHTF arrives in what ever shape and form it chooses, your procrastination will cause you and your family to suffer because of it. Most of the time, it’s an inconvenience, but in some cases, a lack of preparedness can mean the difference between life and death.

The World is not getting any better and becomes more dangerous to you and I by the minute.

The neon signs couldn’t be blinking any brighter.

No more excuses. SHTF won’t wait to visit you when it’s convenient for you.

On a personal note: I’m am going to take care of the shit that I need to do, and act on it accordingly.

Tomorrow of course [​IMG]

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Edited Thread Title
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  ReadyMom.

ThePrepared
    Participant

This is partly why conversations around “what is your specific plan when X happens?” are futile. You just can’t predict what will happen.

jreb721
    Participant

Preparing for a specific event is limiting yourself. I think to be prepared in general is better. I have been rethinking a lot of my preps lately. I prep to last as long as possible and to try to think of everything i might need to do that. Over the last few years I have realized you might last for a little while by yourself you will need other people to assist you. I have tried to get as self-sufficient as possible but with the location I have that is nearly impossible. I am hoping to relocate to a larger location but might be a while. Be prepared as possible and have a plan for your family and make sure they know what to do when whatever event happens. In my plan my family knows what to do in several scenarios and if something different takes place they will fall back on their training. Don’t limit yourself to one scenario just be as prepared as possible.

dmwalsh568
    Participant

Flexibility and layered preps are key to surviving the unknown. I try to have at least 3 ways of doing any given task so if something is broken or becomes unusable, I can fall back on a different method. And I’ve always been marching to the beat of a different drum, so to speak, and I tend to look at problems from a different angle than most of the folks around me. Hopefully I’m flexible enough to deal with whatever gets thrown my way.
    But I also make sure my wife understands what I have stored away and how to use it, in case I’m unable to help or unavailable for whatever reason. If I can’t survive for whatever reason, I want to make sure my loved ones have the best chance of survival that I can give them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.