Bee’s for honey

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Bee’s for honey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Chuckd

Hello all,

I started keeping bee’s last year. It has been fun and can be good for the garden. You can go on line and get all the supplies you need at http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false They will mail you the bee’s. You need the hives before you get the bees to prepair them. The honey is good also. I use if in place of suger. If things go bad, this is a good item to have aroung to help with the garden and for the sweetner.

kymber

Welcome Chuckd and thanks for the link. Seems like we will be sucking your head dry over the next few weeks about bees. i want to try bees this year so i am very glad to have made your acquaintance! expect a million questions k?

Chuckd

I like to share information. its not a problem.

RobinLG

I was told that honey never goes bad it just crystallizes.

mmpaints
    Participant

welcome and I look forward to reading more about your bees!

Welcome Chuckd, thanks for the link! Wife and I were talking about bees

thriftymmm

we have some bees too, also you can make candles out of the wax. that would be beneficial.

mmpaints
    Participant

Sure would but what if yer allergic to bee stings?

ponymama44

dont get stung! jk – make your other half do the bee keeping

mmpaints
    Participant

LOL, I hear that! Nope, that won’t work, I end up always doing it in the long run. Maybe I can get a close pal to do the bees and trade them out of the honey…….

Chuckd

I have a bee suit and I dont get stung any more. You have to take your time and use the smoker. Also it will turn to sugger if stored for a long time. I feed it back to the bees if this happens. I would sugest finding someone in your area and help them. You will learn a lot. The kits have videos if you cant find someone to help you.

native87

Bees are great in so many ways. And if things bet really bad…………..coffee flour tea salt and most important SUGAR will be as gold. So, having a sweetener around is a plus for anyhting. Also the bees wax is used for so much also. Great decision to get into that.

ponymama44

We ( I ) want to do bees too, Last summer a friend of a friend was going to bring us her old hive that they lost interest in so I din’t budget for one but they never manged to come thur. When is the best time to establish a colony?

thriftymmm

We got the bee suits, gloves, helmets, pants and all—but we forgot the smoker. For me it was the funniest thing i had ever seen-for my sons and husband, it was a nightmare. To explain, we purchased 4 hives from a formal bee man, order our suits , when they arrived we set off to get the bees. needless to say without a smoker those bees get really mad. My poor family got stung, alot! My youngest son even dove into the creek for protection and still got stung. i have been informed the bees are now my job. I have a smoker on order. But yes honey is a very important item to have in a crisis.

kymber

bahahahahahaha – oh thriftymmm – i don’t mean to laugh but how awful – and funny! so sorry to hear about all the bee stings but really glad to hear that you have the smoker on order!!! bahahahaha!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum