Bee’s for honey

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Bee’s for honey

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    edea1976

Honey has a lot of medicinal uses too. Recent studies have shown that giving someone with a cold a spoonful of dark honey (like buckwheat) works better than OTC cough syrup. And it tastes a LOT better!

Chuckd

Hello all,

The best time to start with your bee’s is early spring. I live in VA so we start in April and early May. The one story is bad about not having a smoker. Smoke calms the bee’s down. I would sugest taking a class. Several bee supply stores have videos with the kits. Start with them. Most will help you if you ask. It is fun, however, the one story sounds like a bad dream. I will be glad to help. I dont know it all by any means. I am still learning.

kymber

Chuckd…we have been thinking about bees for a while. i have read up on everything that i can. i am planning to start some mason bees this spring…just to get the practice ya know? so i will have a ton of questions and glad that there is someone to turn to!

kymber

for anyone interested in more bee discussion – go to this thread:

beekeeping-t215.html

Muzhik

Thriftymmm, if you don’t have a smoker handy, get a big cigar, light ‘er up, and start puffing!

littledoc

@RobinLG wrote:

I was told that honey never goes bad it just crystallizes.

Hey Herod stored his dead wife in it for 7 years… Now that’s some serious preservatives.

Zombie Axe

Welcome aboard 🙂 Another beekeeper here as well!

Yeah a good bee suit will go a LONG way to keep you sting free!

Luckily for me Brushy Mountain Bee Farm is about 2 hours from me, so I can save on shipping those hive bodies and supers! Also they bring up bees a couple of times in the spring that you pre-order. Good place for us NC beekeepers 🙂
    http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

IceFire

Good to have you here, Chuck’d. We sure can use your beekeeping expertise!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum