Best Apocalypse Gun In The World

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Photon Guy
    Participant

This video claims that the Taurus Raging Judge is the best apocalypse gun in the world. I don’t have any experience with Taurus or with the .454 Casull round. Looking for feedback on this video from anybody who does have experience with Taurus and/or the .454 Casull round. From what I understand Taurus is not a top quality brand like Ruger or Smith & Wesson so Im not sure if I should invest in this.

Legion489
    Participant

Taurus is a good brand. 99.9% of the people who trash Taurus have never owned or shot one. The .454 Casull can chamber .45 Colt, etc. and they are both easier to find and cheaper to buy. Ruger has put out junk and so has S&W. In my experience (I am a gunsmith) Ruger customer service sucks. I will now here from hundreds who CLAIM Ruger service is second to none, maybe their experience is great, mine hasn’t been. Same with S&W. YMMV. If really worried about it, get a sub to GUN TESTS MAG and read what they have to say in the archives about just about any gun you can mention, with the sole exception of the one you are looking for of course!

hoghunter
    Participant

Being a hog hunter , takes time to find them . They get back in the swamps and they do not come out all that much. AR-15 at times is not enough for 1 shot one kills.
    When the Apocalypse hits and it will. Just have the ammo , a large supply of ammo . I have 2 Bushmasters and a MMR, both are very good. Have converted most of 12 gauge shot guns to slug guns. Rifled barrels with scopes. 100 yards it is flat , with the right ammo. For me my AR-15 will work just fine.
    Remember you will be fighting for your family.
    Hog Hunter

Mountain
    Participant

I can guarantee that I will look at my safe, and the choice will be simple. I grab the AR, and the wife grabs the shotgun, and so it begins.

Mountain
    Participant

I’ll take a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range.

Legion489
    Participant

OK, bought some “survival/prepper/TEOTWAWKI” gun books. Most suck. Period. NOT written by survivalists/preppers/back to landers/whatever you want to call yourself. Limited number of guns discussed, limited number of cartridges listed, little to no reloading – period. Limited discussion of pretty much any guns, lots of stuff on other things other than guns (would be fine in another book on who/what/when/where/why, but these are supposed to be “gun”, a PREPPER/MODERN SURVIVAL gun (!) book(s).

PREPPER GUNS – not really all that horribly bad, just not very good, see flaws above. Still head and shoulders above “MOD SUR GUNS” (see below). Not recommended, but let me read it again and I might like it better, or hate it worse! Do not recommend you buy it.

Modern Survival Guns – DBI Book. Sucks. 8 1/2 x 6″, 602 pages. Needs to be cut in half as too thick to hold easily and the “info” needs to be divided into two parts and then completely rewritten. The writer lists what HE likes, and only ONE gun in each group. AK? ONLY one gun listed, no others worth owning. AK-22 trainer? ONLY one gun listed, no others worth owning. AR? ONLY one gun listed, no others worth owning. If he doesn’t like it or he doesn’t feel YOU need it it is never mentioned, unless he is telling you you don’t need it, so quit asking. I could go on but why? Making it 8 1/2 x 11″ would cut the length/thickness a ways. Cutting out the worthless, useless, and “look at me” photos would help quite a bit too. NOT recommended! DO NOT BUY!

blue fox
    Participant

I carried a Taurus 357 for several years as a duty weapon in the early 90s. I never had any trouble with it. I would not hesitate to pick up another Taurus if I had a chance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum