Book Recommendation

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    IceFire

There is a book that I recommend that all ladies have on hand…”Where Women Have No Doctor”. It gives more extensive coverage to “women’s health needs” than does “Where There is no Doctor” (Another book I recommend having on hand, as well as “Where There is No Dentist”.) This book covers pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, and a host of other health issues particular to women, and ways to handle them in the absence of medical professionals. It is available from Barnes & Noble.com (Haven’t found it in the nearest “brick and mortar” store, but they DO hav it online) and probably from Amazon as well. Get it, READ it, then add it to your “prep library” (You DO have one, don’t you? If not, START one!)

edea1976

Thanks for recommending that book. I’ve heard of “Where There is No Doctor” but didn’t know there was a women’s version too. I’ll have to pass that info on! 🙂

autumnwear

thanks for the recommendation. 😀 I have studied natural childbirth for several years but its great to have a book on hand that covers those things ya just have no idea about. I will definitely be checking these out to add to my library of prep books.

Uvajed

Thanks! This is really useful. This site is awesome!

kymber

holy moly…i want to say more but i am too busy reading the link!

IceFire

Personally, I think that those 3 “Where there is no…” books should be in EVERY prepper’s library.

Vina8

Okay, all my cheap friends. All 3 of these books are available online for FREE downloads. Here is the link:
    http://www.hesperian.org/publications_download.php” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

“Where Women Have No Doctor” as of right now has to be downloaded one chapter at a time. “No Dentist” is a newer version (2009 vs. 1983) than is available from Amazon. There are also some 50 page booklets on preventing Cholera and Sanitation/cleanliness that are well worth a download.

I just had “Where There Is No Doctor” delivered from Amazon today before I found the Hesperian Foundation. Oh well, it is worth having a hard copy for easy reference and portability.

UPDATE: I just found that D_Loki posted similar information already on the forum for Medical and First Aid Publications.

IceFire

Thanks for posting the info, MountainMama. I like having the hardopy format, as well….I like having something I can dog-ear and highlight.

kymber

wicked MountainMama – thanks a bunch! me too IceFire…i like to actually touch and feel and highlight and scribble in the margins, etc!

Thanks for posting the links for free download! :clap:

Thanks for the book link, I just downloaded it onto a thumb-drive, much easier to carry than a book. lol . read it a bit while it was downloading and it looks like a very helpful book. thanks again.

😀 Thanks for the book link, I just downloaded it onto a thumb-drive, much easier to carry than a book. lol . read it a bit while it was downloading and it looks like a very helpful book. thanks again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum