Books to get Kids thinking about TEOTWAWKI

Welcome to APN! Forums Survival, Preparedness, and Sustainability Home & Family Preparedness Home School Books to get Kids thinking about TEOTWAWKI

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I was thinking about the books I had read as a child and the effect they had on my thoughts and concerns. Several of them had doomsday scenarios and really made me think about the importance of preparing for as my mum says “A time of Want” .

I can remember a few good ones that really got me to thinking about survival. And I think would be great for starting a prepping conversation with kids or getting them psyched to help out with preparing. Here they are:

1. The Last Survivors Series by Susan Beth Pfeffer.

It’s about a scenario in which a global natural disaster causes major changes. Food runs out, people turn into lawless creatures, water is contaminated, gas is 25$ a gallon, etc. The first book is from the POV of a girl who lives in a rural area. The second is the POV of a boy who lives in New York City, the third has them meet up and shows how there contrasting experiences have shaped them. Its a journal/diary format and a great read for boys and girls. I highly recommend the series.

2. The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

A pandemic sweeps the united States, and the country changes vastly. It’s about a boy and his father and how they manage to survive.

3. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

A classic survival story about how a boy from the city learns to survive in the wilderness after surviving a plane crash.

There are a few others that I’ll list later but these are a few great reads.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum