FUELS-Wood

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ReadyMom 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lovie_5

We are renovating a farm house built in the 30’s. We are taking out a lot of old door frames (with paint on them) and the old oak floor in the kitchen (termite damage).Would it be safe to burn this wood in a rocket stove outside maybe to heat water, for washing clothes, bathing, and if the container was closed purifying drinking water. Sure hate to see it go to waste.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Edited Thread Title

waltgustave

I spent time today with my son starting to prepare for the coming winter. We split
    about 4 cords of wood for the coming of the cold weather we will have starting in the
    fall through spring. The two of us will need about 17 cords to heat our homes this
    winter. I consider burning wood a form of prepping since we get it from our own land,
    and we dont have to purchase any additional type of heat. Also in hard times we
    have plenty of trees to cut and heat our homes with. We are blessed here in pa with
    many good types of trees to burn such as red oak, white oak, cherry, ash, maple,
    beech, and hickory to name a few. My son and I have heated with wood almost our
    entire lives. My question is does anyone know where to purchase those chimney
    cleaning logs. I have not seen them around here in a long time. Thank you

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Edited Thread Title
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  ReadyMom.

ReadyMom

Bumping for visibility

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum