Container Growing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kymber 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mmpaints

Container gardening is just as easy, if not easier than growing a conventional garden. With a container, the water and fertilizer are all completely controlled by you. The amount of produce can often be more than conventional gardening since it’s easier to control pests and critters. You can also extend your growing seasonw ith containers by moving your plants indoors for a coming frost. The ability to extend your growing season on the front side is there too as you can easily start your plants eary indoors and move them out when the weather becomes better.

kymber

i have to agree! if you have a really sunny window – get a couple of containers of tomatoes growing there! or lettuce! or herbs! anything that you can grow fresh in your window saves money at the grocery store!

Marica

Let us not forget about dwarf citrus trees. And sprouts. And all the other stuff that’s so easy to grow in pots. As an experiment, I grew potatoes in pots with straw… in the basement in the winter. And I harvested some small potatoes. That was cool.

mmpaints

Oh cool Marcia, I’ve never tried taters inside beofre. Citirus I’ve had difficulty with because the cats mess with them and the crappy double wide I live in leaks like a sieve so drastic temp changes kill my stuff randomly. This last cold snap killed my coffee plants! I need a greenhouse so bad…………

kymber

i am so sorry about the coffee plants MM – that really sucks!

i want to try some dwarf citrus plants this spring but am not sure how well they will over-winter here in canada…i would hate to grow them in the spring and summer and then kill them in the winter – it would be such a waste!

kymber

ya…we should all bow our heads for a moment of silence…it’s a really sad day. but i know that MM can whip up a new batch!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.