Diving in head first….sort of.

Welcome to APN! Forums Media Central Stories and Fiction Diving in head first….sort of.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

So….I’ve been told over and over that I should become a writer. I think I’ve finally hit that point in my life where I’m going to give this a go.

I’ve adamantly been reading fiction all my life(2-4 books a month) and understand the draw it has for me. I know I’ll be writing fiction in a PAW/techno thriller/sci-fi type genre…that seems to be my personal passion and I do know I have the imagination for it.

I’ve already studied the financial/publication side of things and publication will not be an issue now with the advent of EBook’s to gauge reader feedback.

So, being the research NUTJOB that I am I’m studying plot and character development now but don’t want to do what I usually do in these situations overthinking things and instead, just dive right in…From what I have studied so far the number 1 rule is to just WRITE…Every day, Write.

This is going to be for personal gratification primarily but I will be attempting to monetize it at some point for additional income stream/self-reliance.

3 questions for anyone here with experience writing please….

1…any quick start advice? anything you would avoid doing if you had to start out for your first time all over again?

2…do you agree that L.O.C.K. drives the majority of a commercial plot novels that connects with the reader?

3…have you ever ghost written for others?

Thanks in advance….

(hat tip to Cast Iron here…your recent submission has kicked me in my A$$ to stop thinking about it and just do it…down the rabbit hole I go :thumbup: )

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.