Easter Egg Hunt

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Cadit 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Cadit

I had the privilege of working an event where kids hunted Easter Eggs. First; what does eggs have to do with Easter? And there was an Easter bunny there too, and I can’t for the life of me figure out what a rabbit has to do with Easter, where we celebrate the resurrection of our LORD Jesus. I don’t recall their being a rabbit involved or any eggs.

But in this event, two things happened. The hunt was divided up into four age groups; 0 to 5 year olds and a group of 9 to 12 years old. These are the two groups had the same incident happen. In the 5 year old group, a kid spilled his eggs back on the ground when he fell. Other kids jumped in and helped him gather his eggs back into his basket. While in the 9 to 12 year olds did something different. When that kid stumbled and fell and spilled his eggs, the other kid jumped in and took his eggs. The parents were watching, but done nothing it stop their child from taking the other kid’s eggs. I guess these parent felt that is was justified and that this kid did not just drop his eggs but forfeiting them by dropping them back on the ground for others to take.

How sad it is that parents are teaching their kids to do so. Me; I taught my kids to help others, defend what’s theirs and fight back and that nothing in this world was free, not even their birth. They have taught their kids the same. This country wasn’t given to us, we fought and paid the price for it. And now it’s being taken from us again, or at least they are trying. The Germans tried and the Japanese tried also, and failed. Now our own people are trying to do the same, but; trying to give it away.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.