Entrepreneurship

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ToolOfHis

Entrepreneurship

How many of you are preparing for your retirement years or for that SHTF situation with some form or forms of entrepreneurship ? Something you can use as a means to earn an extra income or use as a bartering tool if need be. Personally ….i was a dairy farmer for well over 25 years. I also know the roofing trade and can do everything from hot roofing, gutter and spouting to putting on a shingle roof. I can also do the old type siding of many years ago called clapboard siding. I’ve learned to become a welder/fitter. I enjoy re-finishing furniture ,mainly hope chests at the present time. I usually burn a peacock in full dress into the lid of the hope chest before finishing it off and re-selling it at a nice profit. This summer i’m looking forward to and planning on fishing, crabbing and claiming as a means of summer income. Last year crabs sold for over $100.00 a bushel. I’m already in the process of making my own crab traps and figure if all goes well i should be good for at least a bushel of keeps a day….maybe more depending on how hard i want to work. I also make an assortment of crafts to sell as well as an assortment of wreaths that can be used year round. I’ve always enjoyed flea marketing, bartering and and take in auctions. You just never know what you may come across that you were searching high and low for and couldn’t find at a reasonable price. Things could very well happen over night that forces us to loose our job, home and everything else. I saw a lot of that happening around here when Chrysler and General Motors both closed their doors within months of one another. Most of these men and women had spent most of their adult lives working in these plants and never dreamed they would loose almost everything. Now is the time to prepare for possible major changes if you haven’t already started. The economy is a long way from being what it once was so planning ahead is the smart thing to do for all of us.

Tool

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum