Food storage calculator

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tamtbell
    Participant

question. Anyone have a neat way of calculating canned goods and how many ozs equal how many servings? And then a way to break down for the amount of adults/children in your family? I have one spreadsheet that serves as a good recorder for dried goods (wheat, sugar, beans, rice, etc) but nothing for canned commercial goods. And honestly I don’t really want to look at each can and try to figure out exactly how much each one has in serving sizes. LOL That would be a bit of a time waster.

dmwalsh568
    Participant

I think your best bet is to write down how much your family eats now in normal times and create your own spreadsheet of how many servings you get out of a specific can. For me, most of the cans are considered one serving: ravioli, soup, and tuna. Baked beans, green beans and corn are all two servings based on how we eat.
    While some sites recommend going based on calories, I find that unrealistic so I stick with historical data. 😉
    Of course in an event that eliminates refrigeration you’ll have to use up any wet packed cans as you open them or risk spoilage, so keep that in mind as you calculate what you’ll need.
    Sorry I can’t be more helpful than that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum