FREE ADMISSION: LSU Rural Life Museum

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    juju_mommy

On May 16, the LSU Rural Life Muesum (located off Essen Lane in Baton Rouge) will have free admission! If you live any where near Baton Rouge and have never been to this place, you should definitely check it out! I totally drool when I go here. I want to live in a place just like this (not in the city, of course). LOL. Perhaps I’d settle for at least volunteering, if only I lived closer. But it’s worth the trip to check the place out! See email below and also, if you want more information or to see pictures, visit their website: http://rurallife.lsu.edu

The LSU Rural Life Museum will host an open house for the general public on Sunday, May 16 as part of a yearlong celebration of the museum’s 40th anniversary. Admission fees will be waived on this special day as guests experience the new 20,000-square-foot Visitor / Exhibit Center in addition to more than thirty historic buildings within the museum complex.

Musicians, artisans, costumed docents and 19th century demonstrations will add to the ambiance of the day. “Opening the Rural Life Museum for a free day of celebration is our gift to the community,” said Museum Director, David Floyd. “Everyone should have a chance to see what a remarkable place we have in the middle of Baton Rouge.”

The new state-of-the-art Visitor Center recently received the Baton Rouge Growth Coalition Good Growth Award for the architectural design of the building. The design elements specifically mentioned were the use of 19th century vernacular architectural forms within the construction, the large glass
    windows that focused on the rural landscape and a sensible and usable room
    configuration. In addition to this award, Country Roads Magazine honored the
    Rural Life Museum as the “Attraction of the Year.”

Many fun-filled activities are planned throughout the day on May 16. The museum is open from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm for the open house. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. For more information, call the museum at 225/765-2437 or visit the website at http://rurallife.lsu.edu.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum