Getting New Babies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  IceFire 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

IceFire

Put money down today on a 1 yr old heifer, and a week-old bull calf. Half down today, the remainder when they come home (after the bull calf is weaned, in about 5 months.) In the meantime, I can go visit and play with them.

IceFire

Went and played with the “babies” today, then went and picked up 3 new hen “ducklings.” They’re 3 months old, and pretty close in size to the 3 (2 drakes and a hen) that I already had. They all seem to be getting along VERY well. The new girls are fitting right in.

IceFire

Have been going over to play with my “babies” every Sunday afternoon. Mostly to get them accustomed to me, and to being handled. Last week I finally got the 1 year-old heifer to east some “cow cakes” out of my hand, but she wouldn’t allow any other touching. Today, I was able to give her head scratches, so we’re getting her more accustomed to the interaction. We’re going to end up bringing her home in a week or two, rather than waiting until the baby bull is weaned.

IceFire

Have been going over to play with my “babies” every Sunday afternoon. Mostly to get them accustomed to me, and to being handled. Last week I finally got the 1 year-old heifer to east some “cow cakes” out of my hand, but she wouldn’t allow any other touching. Today, I was able to give her head scratches, so we’re getting her more accustomed to the interaction. We’re going to end up bringing her home in a week or two, rather than waiting until the baby bull is weaned.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum