good book or resource for small game/fish skinning/cleaning?

Welcome to APN! Forums Survival, Preparedness, and Sustainability Hunting and Fishing Hunting good book or resource for small game/fish skinning/cleaning?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Just looking for some advice on how to learn to dress small game. I’ve printed something out for squirrels that is pretty detailed. I also have a cheap book for small game that probably won’t do me a lot of good in a real situation. I have some experience dressing doves, which I used to hunt and clean when I was a kid growing up in the mid-west. I’ve cleaned a few fish as well, but I’m way out of practice. I haven’t skinned anything in years. I realize that the best way would be to spend some time with someone who’s experienced, and get some hands on experience myself. In the meantime, I’d like to just have a handy book or a reference of some sort, mostly for birds and small game like squirrels. I have an excellent book for fish cleaning already. I know its not a substitute for experience, but I’d like to have some sort of book or guide available to me anyway. There are thousands of squirrels around my neighborhood. They are just small eastern gray squirrels, but they have little fear of humans and I could pick them off easily with my pellet gun or a .22. Unfortunately, because of the neighborhood that I live in, it is out of the question for me to just go out and shoot one, then skin it for practice. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum