Got Menopause?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Phelan 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Phelan

Here ya go ladies. . .

BREW FOR HOT FLASHES

2 parts SAGE

2 parts MILK THISTLE SEED

1/2 part ROSEMARY

2 parts MOTHERWORT

1/4 part GINSENG

Blend the dried herbs. Pour a cup of boiling water over 1 tsp of herbs. Cover and steep for thirty minutes. Strain and drink in small amounts as needed throughout the day.

TINCTURE FOR HOT FLASHES

2 parts WILD YAM

1 part GINSENG

1 part LICORICE ROOT

1 part FALSE UNICORN ROOT

1 part BLACK COHOSH

Prepare as a tincture. Take 1/4 tsp in a little water or tea three times daily or as often as needed.

Herbal Remedies For Menopause

ALOE GEL Is used for vaginal dryness.

BLACK COHOSH Tablet or tincture is used for muscle pain, irregular bleeding, & headache.

BLUE COHOSH Tablet or tincture is used for hot flashes.

CALENDULA Cream is used for vaginal itching.

DAMIANA Tincture increases sex drive and relieves hot flashes.

DONG QUAI Tablets or tincture regulate reproductive system, help protect heart and boost effectiveness of other herbs.

GINSENG Tincture increases ovarian estrogen production, relieves hot flashes.

RED CLOVER Helps to relieve abdominal pain.

SARSAPARILLA Helps restore sex drive.

NETTLE Increases urination and alleviates blurred vision.

VALERIAN For relief from nervous tension & insomnia.

IceFire

Thanks for the “recipes”! I have SOME of the herbs already, but I can see that there are a few more that I need to add to my “herbal medicine chest” (and to my medicinal herb garden.)

kymber

me too! thanks so much Phelan!

Cin
    Participant

Or you could try:

1000 mgs vitamin E
    500 mgs to 1000 mgs Evening Primrose Oil
    and Sam’s Club Adult Multi vitamin (which has several of the ingredients from its former Estro-Vitamin they no longer stock).

If that doesn’t work, the best thing I’ve found is nuts. If you are not allergic.

Grind up 1 pound of walnuts, 1 pound of almonds and 1 pound of pecans. If you choose, you can also add 1 pound of sunflower seeds. Mix together. Pour a half a cup on your cereal every morning.

BTW, the nuts also had another interesting side effect. I used to get up in the morning kind of creaky, taking a few seconds to straighten up to walk. Not anymore. Now I climb right out of bed without the creakiness.

kymber

Cin…oh thanks for this!

Cin
    Participant

I forgot to add…the creakiness didn’t disappear right away…probably took a couple weeks to 2 months. It was the hubster who noticed – and the only dietary change I’d made was the crushed walnuts, pecans, almonds and sunflower seeds.

roolu

I’ve learned that soy is also good for hot flashes, but be careful because too much has a very strange side effect called “peristant arousal syndrome”. Your husband may not be able to keep up.

IceFire

LOL! Maybe I should start downing the soy…my husband would be a VERY happy man!

kymber

Roolu….really???? so what do you mean by “soy”? sauce, beans, tofu???? i would love to learn more about this!!!

PrepperMom

Thanks , I have the Early kind (I”m only 28) , Been struggling w/ it cause I got a 24 year old husband. LOL He needs cures for me more than I do. 🙂

IceFire

PrepperMom, 28 is WAAAY to early, even for early menopause! Have you gone to your Dr. to have this checked out? If not, DO so….SOON!

roolu

http://foodconsumer.org/7777/8888/C_hildren_amp_W_omen_33/111008452008_Eating_soy_may_boost_women_s_sexual_arousal.shtml” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

I wasn’t taking near this amount of soy and it triggered it me. I would have to say, watch your soy intake ladies, especially through menopause or if you’re already taking estrogen therapies. This is an uncomfortable condition, I can assure you. Both physically and mentally.

IceFire

OK, I read the article, and have a question…who the HECK eats FOUR POUNDS of soyevery day for a month?! I don’t eat four pounds of ANYTHING a day! Or did I misunderstand and the amount was four pounds a month? Still, that is one HECK of a lot of soy! Guess the hubster doesn’t have to worry about suddenly having to fend off a randy wife! (Not that he would even TRY, LOL!)

Phelan

I would be careful with soy you never know how it was grown

kymber

Phelan – what do you mean???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum