Handguns for protection

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tigger2

You want to stay with quality. Good guns are out there. Ruger, Colt, Smith and Wesson, Taurus and more are some. Taurus had some quality control issues in the 90’s but those issues have been long fixed. I have a Taurus 24/7 .45 that will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.
    All guns have a recoil or kick. You want to stay with what you can handle. If you are a small person, I would not advise getting a .44 magnum. You don’t wantto go over board. You have to keep in mind the power of the handgun.
    I own several handguns and have been shooting them for years. My upper limit is in the range of .357 magnum and .45. I stay away from the .44, .44 magnum and .500. That is way to much gun for me.
    I like a .357 magnum because it will also shoot a .38 special. You get 2 guns for the same price. In the last few years they have come out with a .38 P+ round. It is hotter than a regular .38 special but not as hot as a magnum. My favorite is a .45. A .45 will get the job done.
    There are 2 types of handguns, revolvers and automatics. I have both. There are pros and cons to both. The revolvers tend not to jam because they have fewer working parts.
    Autos do jam. I have never had an auto to jam. I think that is because I clean them on a regular basis. You have to learn how to strip them down and clean them. You have to shoot them. You have to practice.
    I try to go to a range at least 1 time a month.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum