Hello! Almost a Prepper and already have a question

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Hello! Almost a Prepper and already have a question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dmwalsh568 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jan
    Participant

Hello preppers! I’m surprised there are so many! I’m just now thinking about prepping…have not gotten into it yet. When searching the net for prepper food, I can’t find any without whey. I’m allergic to whey, so my question is where do I find prepper meals without whey? I use rice protein. Thanks for any info you have.

arkieready
    Participant

Welcome to APN. Why not dehydrate food you prepare yourself? You will know the ingredients, itโ€™s cheaper than prepackaged. Just an idea.
    Prep on.

SGT.MIKE
    Participant

welcome to apn

dmwalsh568
    Participant

I’d recommend reaching out to the manufacturers directly – Mountain House, Wise, etc. and ask them point blank if they have food free of the allergens you’re worried about. I wish more of them would have sections on their sites for allergy free choices…
    But I have to agree with Arkleready, dehydrating or freeze drying your own food may be your best option. Freeze Dryers are pricy, but not as bad as a few years ago and you get better results for most foods over dehydrating.
    Of course that’s if you storing food for the long term. If you’re truly just getting started, then just consider storing more of what you eat all the time first. As long as you don’t store more than you can eat before it expires then you’re taking the right first steps to being more prepared.
    Doing the easy steps first always makes sense unless you have a larger budget than most of us do. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum