Hello Ohio! Where is everyone?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 178 replies, has 102 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)
  • Author

Mikeylikes

Bobdog I am pretty new around here. Been doin internet stuffs since 85 when i was still a teen. my mom used to get so mad at me when she would pick up the phone and hear those internet noises squelching in her ear LOL. We can probably find old posts of mine on hundreds of different sites LOL.
    Yes I am a true troll lol

Edit: by the way i bought my first computer..an Atari 600xl…with money i made raising, butchering and selling meat rabbits. I think I was the first farming geek in my town LOL

Im in rural Amish North central Ohio. Inconveniently located halfway (abt 70 Mi) between Cleveland and Columbus …(too close to both) :gunshooting:

by BATTLEBOY SURPLUS ยป Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Hello everyone. I signed up today to be a Sponsor. Here is my intro-

My Home is Akron, Ohio until we can afford to move close to Medina or the surrounding areas. I have spent 21 plus years in the U.S. Army. I have been Deployed to War 3 separate times in 2 different Wars. I also have been a Civilian Police Officer for more than 12 years. I have been a Life Member of the VFW since the early 1990’s.

A little bit of History on my Businesses and my Life and Experiences.

I came HOME from OIF 3 in 2006 and found that the majority of Businesses and Companies do not care about SERVICE MEMBERS. My Unit has had it very hard at times, a 70 % UNEMPLOYMENT RATE a few years ago. Many people claim to support the Military, even if they are against the current Wars, yet will not hire nor retain employment of the Military Reserves and Guard Members. With no job and no money, I was close to losing my Home and Car. With a Wife and Step-son who had already been Stressed by my 3 Deployments in 4 Years, I had to do something. I always had extra Food, Water and supplies set aside for tough times.I thought long and hard about my situation. Now, my Family had an Emergency- I needed to solve this quickly. I sold some of my Collection and I took what I had left and I started a Military Surplus, Camping and Survival Store. You can find it at Battleboysurplus.com. I try very hard to choose items that can be used for Survival, Camping, Shooting etc, along with many other items I think people will like, even if impractical.

I started the research for my business ideas several years ago. I started this Business after returning from OIF 3. I have collected Military Gear since I was about 10-12 years old. Everyone always told me that if you are going to start a business, choose something you are really interested in or something you are really good at- or both. I love Military Gear, Collectibles and Antiques. I am familiar with almost all items used by Soldiers for the past 25 plus years. I know what is available as far as Military Surplus and what I like, need and use. I enjoy Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, Shooting, Gardening and Camping and will be seeking out more items in those categories. Hopefully, I can cater to those with the same interests that I have.

Please browse as long as you like-we never close. If you are looking for something and cannot find it, please fill out your request on the “contact” page. I have thousands of items available and will be adding more to the web site daily. If I do not have it, I will try to find it or refer you to someone who does. I have a great relationship with some of my local Competitors. We work together to make our customers happy. With out you, we cannot exist.

If you have any questions- Please contact me. You can EMAIL me at BATLBOY69@AOL.com or BATLBOY69@Yahoo.com. You can also call me 330-253-7094 or 216-406-9245.****if you are calling about personal matters unrelated to Business- call the 330-253-7094 number. Thanks.

I chose the name BATTLEBOY for my business because my Beautiful Wife has called me her “Battleboy” since we dated. When I was Activated from the Army Reserves in October of 2001 to Defend the United States, she had Vanity Plates made for my car that read- BATLBOY. Those Plates were taken to Iraq and placed in the window of my Hummer in OIF 1 and OIF 3 They are currently on my Suburban that I use for Military Shows, Guns Shows and other events.

I look forward to reading and learning your opinions and beliefs.

Thank You for the opportunity to earn your business and your Friendship

Christopher Storm
    Staff Sergeant- U.S. Army Reserves
    Lieutenant- C.P.D.- not Cleveland P.D.
    owner
    BATTLEBOY SURPLUS
    http://www.BATTLEBOYSURPLUS.com

I AM GUESSING THIS IS OK TO POST THIS HERE AS IT IS AN INTRODUCTION TO OHIOANS AND TELLS YOU ABOUT MY LIFE. I AM NOT PUSHING ANY PARTICULAR PRODUCTS. :shakeyes:YES? or :shakeno: NO? ๐Ÿ˜• MAYBE?

ironfish

Hi BattleBoy,

Welcome aboard. I’m close to you. Wayne Co.

Ironfish

chickengirl

Welcome, Bobdog. Central Ohio here. I slack on these sites alot, lol, then i get back into it here and there.

Well, welcome back then.

MikeLaws

DAyton Ohio here,, brand new to prepping, but I’m getting to it.

Welcome,

I am hoping to meet with a few of the Ohio members in Sept or Oct 2010. You are invited.

Christopher Storm

STEFF1

New guy checking in from NE Ohio, finally got my login straightened out

Mikeylikes

glad your good to go here. look forward to hearing from you here

STEFF1

Happy Birthday Mikeylikes, just noticed on the home page.

Mikeylikes

Thank you thank you! I have reached that magic number where i feel comfy saying things like “back in my day” and “listen son” etc… LOL

Bobdog

Hi there STEFF1, glad you got that fixed up and can join in the conversation.

Rats, I missed the birthday thing….happy late birthday wishes.
    “back in my day” yep that’s funny. I say stuff like that too

mycomama

Hi guys, just outside of Columbus on the east side (but hopefully will relocate soon). New to prepping , I have only the very basic things covered at present but I’ve laid out some plans and saved some money so I can make a big trip this week. I grew up in the country but didn’t get what you’d call ‘ proper training’ for a country girl :). (But I can change my own brake pads ๐Ÿ˜› ) I’ve read way to much info at this point, all that I can really do now is put the info to work and see what I can manage and what I can’t.

Mikeylikes

Hi there Mycomama and welcome aboard! Look forward to hearing more from you. I am west of columbus a ways and will occasionally shop in the same stores and such as you do so feel free to gimmie a holler on here when you run across great deals and sales and I’ll try to return the favor. Bobdog and I have already started a post for such things here: http://americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=402&t=3795 in our Ohio forum.

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions and jump right into posting whatever you want to write about.

Mikeylikes

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum