Hello?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    mmpaints
    Participant

Welcome WJ, are you in the north part or the south part of the state?

Hi all! I hate to admit it, but I’m just not used to the forum yet, and always forgot to come back here. I’m so excited to see that there are some more folks from IL on here! For all the bad in our state, we really have some great folks, don’t we? I mean–look at us!!!! lol

Does anybody see any good liberty candidates running in their areas? I’m taking time now to look through all the candidates websites and I haven’t seen anybody real promising yet. Haven’t looked at our senators yet. Anybody noticed anyone they’d like to recommend, somebody who’ll defend the Constitution? How about governor choices? IL politics are so corrupt. We really need a few liberty minded individuals to run.

MM, I know you’ve been mentioning that you only have about a month until you can start seed! I’ve got probably a month and a half or more up here. I can hardly wait, though! Does everybody else put a garden in? Anyone starting one for the first time?

Sorry if I have too many topics in one reply. 🙂

Chimneyman, We’ve been prepping for a long, long time. It was always fairly mild, though. Y2K really kicked it into high gear, and we’ve been going strong ever since.

Do you have a woodstove store? Hubby and I are hoping to put in a wood stove sometime in the future. Maybe we could take a trip to your store sometime and meet some fellow preppers???

Do you have a garden?

Hi, just joined tonight. I live in Southwest Crook County and am not looking forward to the near future here. Have been sounding the alarm to my family for some time now, yet only lately have their ears perked up and they aren’t thinking about committing me to the nut house anymore.

Things are looking pretty grim for our economy, been stocking up on needed supplies, yet I know I am no way near prepared. Will put in a garden this spring for sure, but am hoping to make it much larger than my little tomato plants and green pepper bit I used to do.

mmpaints
    Participant

Hey bedford, I’m familiar with your area a bit, i grew up in Berwyn/Cicero/Lyons area. Played in the preserves all the time off of Archer. Welcome to the board!

chappy3187

hello…anyone near the alton/metro east area?

mmpaints
    Participant

I’m south of Effingham chappy

chappy3187

my wife is from t-town!

mmpaints
    Participant

really, that’s cool! When I was growing up in the suburbs of Chicago, my Dad always used to tell us that this is really a small world. I never understood what he meant until I matured into the adult I am now. It really is a small world! Ain’t it cool? LOL

sunburst

Hello! I live here in IL, not sure how happy about it I am (actually I know I am NOT happy about it), but hopefully we have a move in our future. But, still wanted to say hello! I live south of Chicago, out in the country a bit.

I am anxious to garden this year, although not sure how that will work out with a move. We stocked up on heirlooms this fall so I am extra, super, duper, way too excited to start a garden. So many new and exciting varieties that I have never heard of let alone tried!

Oh I love heirlooms!!

Yah Bless
    Kimberly

mmpaints
    Participant

Hey sunburst, welcome. Have you looked at johnnys seeds and seedsavers.org? Some cool stuff in both those catalogs. Johnnys has some stuff that grows well in the chicago type springs as well.

Well, hello to all the new Illinoisans! It’s so fun to see more of us on here. I’m north of Chicago.

Bedfor falls (in Crook county–love that) I’m glad that your family is waking up! The sooner the better!Good luck on your garden this year! Try everything you can in all the space you can!

Sunburst, I just got the rest of my seeds today! I can hardly wait! I know that MM can plant sooner than us up north. Have you started any seeds yet, MM? I figure I can in another week and a half to 2 weeks! Can’t wait!

timortiz

I’m in Eastern Lake County here. About 30 miles north of the city. Is anyone else in the area?

Tim

sunburst

Hi MMPaints, I have not heard of johnny’s but I use to always order from SeedSavers. This past year I “stocked up” on my hierlooms, have enough to last a life time!! Woooh! Just have to perfect my seed-saving skills 😀 My new favorite heirloom company is Baker’s Creek. I will check out Johnny’s though.

Sadly, I do not know what to do about my garden this year. I want to start it but we may be moving in a month, 3 months, or maybe not at all. Such a quandry. Suppose it doesn’t hurt to start…? Seeing as the seeds don’t cost too much. Just wish I had a bigger garden/yard 🙁

Hi Tim, I grew up in Lake County. Do you live anywhere near the Chain of Lakes??

timortiz

Due east on Grand Ave (or 132 of you prefer), till you hit the lake…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum