Hi from Alaska

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Hi from Alaska

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  buzzray 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

buzzray

Hi from Alaska. I live in a state that has many natural emergencies we have to prepare for. Earthquakes. Volcanoes, Floods and Fires to name a few. I grew up on a farm in New England in the 50’s and 60’s and we always had food set aside for emergencies. It amazes me living up here how many people are clueless when it comes to being prepared. My wife and I are outdoor people, we hunt and fish as much as we can, have a garden, and have a lot of food reserves. I conduct a camping/survival group where I work that deals with common sense approach to both situations. Here in Alaska a simple camping trip could end up as a survival nightmare if you are not prepared. The students learn how to make their own “Altoid Survival Kit” , emergency shelters, Land nav with compass, map, watch and stars. Cold weather survival, different fire starting techniques. They also learn how to make the poor mans MRE’s. Well I guess I will stop here…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum