Hi there, from Southeast Colorado!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Hi there, from Southeast Colorado!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vashti

Hello APN folk! I’m a SE Colorado citizen, trying to figure out how to grow a garden in our bad soil and even worse weather. It just gets so hot here in the summer…and then freezing in the winter! Poor plants!

Hubby and I have been prepping for almost a year now, and I really regret laying all of this mindset to rest after Y2K turned out to be a bust. Starting from scratch is no fun when you’re in the middle of a crisis, so our small three-month supply is feeling really good to us about now. We’re learning about firearms, just bought a bunch of wheat, buckets, mylar bags & oxy absorbers. I’m studying for my ham radio tech license, and learning to spin wool on a drop spindle. Hubby’s in line for the next hunter’s safety course and going hunting for his first time this year!

A little about us: We have a small hobby farm with chickens and goats, and are working on a garden and permaculture items such as fruit trees and berry bushes (I’ll be ordering Almond trees next month). We’re considering rabbits and vermicomposting, but not sure if we want to dive into that until after we get the garden really moving. I homeschool our youngest two, while the two older go to public school. We have a fifth babe on the way, due in April. Hubby works from home and is an amazing entrepreneur, and I’m a very lucky homemaker. We love our little life in the country, and are fans of big families, campfire chats and drum circles, Jack Spirko’s The Survival Podcast, and anything related to Libertarianism, prepping/survivalist topics, gardening, sustainability and alternative power sources, as well as self/home defense.

I’m looking forward to getting to know you all!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum