Hiya from the Rockies

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Hiya from the Rockies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hiya novice prepper/bushcrafter here practiced some things back when i lived in norther Illinois and was close to the wilderness (lived in a remote rural area then). haven’t had as much time living in a city in Colorado these days but still try to make trips when i can.

for most part i have been doing urban prepping with the plan to relocate to a more rural area in the future, bug out bag in case bugging in is too dangerous hence the attempts to stay in practice with wilderness survival. hopefully i can find decent info on here, have tried the facebook groups but everyone keeps reporting everything there and my account keeps getting locked as if prepping is an evil thing or something.

Illini Warrior
    Participant

if you’re going to try using FB to meet preppers and have conversation you need to just stay with tangent prepper topics like hiking and fishing >> I think FB has actually listed prep & prepping as banned keywords – you start talking about firearms and you’ll have them reporting you to the coppers …

James
    Participant

There are tons of pages and closed group you can join that are prepper related even gun groups still, just cannot sell guns through facebook at all. it turns out that facebook does not like people being “private” and it was my VPN causing the issue if you log in from 3-4 different IP addresses in a short time period they lock your account and demand you go through authentication processes. did not realize it until i did some research on the issue i was having. so i waiting on my VPN provider to set up a dedicated IP for me. my issue is my entire family, so called friends, and those i work with are all rabid anti-prepper types who think all preppers are like the crack pots from the doomsday prepper series or the ones you see in main stream news arrested with tons of illegal stuff (that should not be illegal but oh well i digress).

the real issue is that the major tech giants are monopolies that are making it nearly impossible for anyone to compete with them they even had Gab deplatformed for a time getting their hosting service to cut them off. these giants are also publicly owned/traded so they are violating the first amendment big time as that makes them the public platforms (town square equivalent) of the internet.

Robb Wright
    Participant

Its getting even more difficult for anyone to network in any area deemed a threat aka: preppers, survivalists, militia, off grid, self sustainability, tiny house living, etc, etc. FB is CIA backed platform and if the algorithms dont agree with your words you get into trouble. 🙂

Robb Wright
    Participant

Hey James Im down in the 4 corners area of Colorado. I have a 62 acre property and have been off grid for about 6 years, I love the rockies. We do retreats, workshops, and Festivals out here to teach and bring more awareness to self sustainabilty and Off Grid living. Lil Hatu Ranch on FB 🙂 Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum