Home remedies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    roolu
    Participant

This probably isn’t the right place on the forum, but it looked like a good spot. I was hoping since spring cold season is upon us, that we could offer up home remedies passed down generation to generation in your family for common illnesses. I’ll start with these examples:

1) For a sore throat, gargle with warm salt water.
    2) For chest congestion, breath in steam. Best way is to put your head over a pot of hot water and cover your head with a towel.
    3) Skin rashes, mix 1/4 tsp cinnamon with 1 TBSP olive oil, mix and apply to area 2-3 times a day.
    4) Again for chest congestion, saute minced onion halfway through in a little olive oil, add 2-3 TBSP white vinegar, then just enough cornmeal or flour to make a paste. Spread on a clean dry clothe and apply as a poultice to the chest. Cover with plastic and additional towel to keep it warm. Be careful not to apply this poultice when hot.
    5) For seed warts, put some nail polish on it. Crazy I know but it works if you keep at it and apply twice a day.

That’s mine to start us off, let’s keep going to help get us some good home remedies for our binders.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum