If this doesn’t send chills up your spine,

Welcome to APN! Forums General Discussion General Discussion Off Topic If this doesn’t send chills up your spine,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Marica

and your gut isn’t wrenching, you are not human.

So far we are able to get basic foods and water. If help doesn’t get here soon, that will run out before long. We have had some helicopters fly over head but nothing on the ground yet. If anybody seeing this knows anybody coming in any official capacity, we are in the town of Petit Goave about 50 miles west of PAP.

Another thing happening now is that thousands of people are leaving PAP, many on foot, carrying what they can on their heads and they are heading out to relatives in the provinces trying to escape the Hell that PAP has become. Nearly everywhere there is a pile of garbage in PAP there are bodies as well. Words cannot begin to convey what is unfolding here.

From Haiti: “Nothing on the ground, yet”
    Saturday, January 16, 2010, 4:52 PM
    The_Anchoress
    Another report -with pictures – from Ed, the missionary who is in Haiti, sharing in the suffering (thanks to his friend DeLynn, who passes it on to us…). Offered without comment:

Full text here: http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/theanchoress/2010/01/16/haiti-nothing-on-the-ground-yet/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

I don’t think this kind of devastation is possible in the US. By that I mean devastation from an earthquake. Our infrastructure is a cut above Haiti’s or so I’ve been reading, and certainly an earthquake would not affect our whole country. We are a richer nation; much, but not enough, of our citizenry does have a self-reliant streak. But that does not mean that we are not vulnerable to other sorts of devastation.

What hit me very hard was the reaction– leave the city. We all know this– heck we talk about it here. But here it is. In real life.

Prep on, fellow citizens.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum