Im kinda new to this.

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Im kinda new to this.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jacob 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jacob
    Participant

I am a 21 year old man living in Springfield MO. The current status of the world as a whole has me worried and interested in becoming a prepper. My father already has his house setup up but I want to get supplies that can help his effort and allow my mother,sister, and nephew to get to his house where we will weather whatever comes together. Basically im looking for advice on anything and everything. I have some equipment but not nearly enough. Any advice and tips would be very much appreciated.

Cin
    Participant

If your Dad already has things set up, talk to him about what he still needs. If he has “everything” start looking at the “luxury” stuff – radios, lanterns, flashlights, walkie-talkies, etc.

For yourself, a very good go-bag, since you have to make it there. Even if you’re home or work is close, assume you might have to walk, and plan accordingly. Check out maps so you know several ways to your Dad’s place. Start practice driving different routes so you know them well. Try timing how long it takes to grab your mom, sister,and nephew along the way.

Get some buckets and gamma lids (they are expensive) for your Dad’s place and help him fill them with whatever he thinks the family needs.

Jacob
    Participant

Thanks!Honestly never would have thought of gamma lids. Thanks for the advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.