Internet Protection, viruses, worms etc

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tigger2

You have to have a virus program to even be on the internet. I use AVG free program. I have paid for other programs but as far as I can tell they don’t work any better than the free program that I use. You can program AVG to update itself. You got viruses, worms and trojan horses. Worms are the worst. Most programs can’t deal with worms. They will tell you that you are infected but that is about all.
    After a while you get to know your computer. There is no such thing as a perfect computer. They all have their little problems. After a while. you learn to work around them.
    I say worms are the worst because the worms usually require a specific patch or program to remove the worm. Without that patch, you are pretty much sol.
    About 4 years ago I got a problem with signing on to the internet. My computer kept re booting. At first I thought it was a fluke. Then I started seeing a pattern. The second I got online, my computer would re boot every 120 seconds. After I saw the pattern, I knew I had something. I had 120 seconds to get on line and learn. It took me a month to get rid of that worm. I had to get on line and type like hell. I finally beat it.
    http://free.avg.com/ww-en/free-antivirus-download” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum