Introduction

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kimomedic

Good Morning Everyone,

I go by the handle “Kimo”, it means James in the native tongue of Hawaii. I got the name back in ’06 when I was deployed for OEF. I am very new to this kind of thing. I usually stay away from folks, I am a loner for the most part, I generally don’t trust or like very many people. However, I do trust a few people and my family thinks I am crazy, paranoid, militant ( I have been in the Army Reserves for 29 years and counting as a combat medic), and think that storing lots of dry food and canned food, water, ammo and the like is, well, nuts. I am not paranoid or crazy, I tell my wife and friends, open your eyes and look what is happening around you. The usual response is that “I would rather not know what is happening, I feel safer that way.”

I am a paramedic captain in my civialian job here in Georgia (Metro Atlanta) and I see things on a daily basis that most people don’t see. I ‘see’ something coming down the pike, however, I just don’t know what it is right now. So, I am getting myself in a position to be ready for most anything. I have become a licensed pilot, an ase certified automotive technician, learned a little about construction, I love to fish and I do hunt a little. I will be learning how to field dress the animals soon. I can grow fruit trees and I have 29 years of military experience.

Again, I don’t know what is coming. I am familiar with the 2012 Mayan Calender ‘thing’, however, I don’t think the world is going to come to an abrupt end. I do think something will happen and I want to be ready. My wife and I are already searching for some property so we can build an energy effiecient cabin and have room to farm, my wife is an excellent gardener and can grow pretty much anything.

I have said all of this to say this- I do feel it necessary to have a group of like minded people so we can survive.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum