Is 2012 any more important than 2010?

Welcome to APN! Forums General Discussion General Discussion Off Topic Is 2012 any more important than 2010?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    sbsion

we are all planning for survival of:………….Obamanation(distructiion of US constitution), WW-3 (imminent?), world changes (prior to 2012), 2012 (lineup 21 Dec 2012), etc…………….what is your outside preparation date?

Phelan

harvest.

That is my date, survive until next harvest.

sbsion

@Phelan wrote:

harvest.
    That is my date, survive until next harvest.

what if there are NO MORE harvests? RUReady? 💡

Uvajed

If TEOTWAWKI is to happen, I’ve made peace with God. I’m ready.

Old Mcnerd

@Uvajed wrote:

If TEOTWAWKI is to happen, I’ve made peace with God. I’m ready.

You seem to state that as if there is a finality to your life instead of a beginning. God is on an agenda and schedule to bring the Age of Pisces (Christianity) to a conclusion as stated in the Book of Revelation and transcend us (all hopefully) to the next Age. Perhaps the better question is whether God is able to make peace with us since it appears he has not been pleased with how this fourth cycle is concluding.

Yes, 2010 is going to be a very critical year for us to go through and 2011 will be beyond man’s mental abilities I think. 2012 will be the peak of the transitions that are to occur. I read somewhere that God has planned for an additional 25 years in order to complete man’s advancement since there is so much ‘garbage’ that has to be purged out. 😐

With the present situation and the direction that the current administration is taking America, I think that the present is more important than the future. For us to have a future we must survive the present and the way we are being taken with the Obama smoke screens and the total lack of true communication from the Obama administration we should be more concerned with 2010. With both the Administartion, Homeland Security and the President flip flopping from the system works to the system doesnt work to blaming someone else rather than accepting responsibility for the error and correcting and moving forward we have to be concerned for our safety. To make it to 2012 we have to get thru 2010 and all the Obama Smoke Screens first.

islp55

As far 2012…my calender ends every month and once a year…so the miian calender had to end sometime. 2012 just happened to be it.

Old Mcnerd, I think what Uvjad meant was they are ready for whatever God has planned. (I could be assumimg here, so Uvjad correct me if I am wrong.) I have been saved since 1969 and Preaching (Pastor) for the last 22 years and have never come across in my studies, a time (date) or anywhere in Scripture where it is stated that an extra 25 years will be givin to mankind. If it is let me know…I do not know it all (Thanks)

Man will not advance, there will be no great revival. The Lord will rapture us in His time and He tells us to be prepared, always. Peter, Paul and the early Church held to the belief that the rapture could have occured in their time…the idea behind that is that we should know that our redemption draweth nigh and to always be witnessing to the lost and we should be ready go the “clod way or the cloud way” at anytime.

I prepare to survive and survive to prepare, for I know not when that day shall come when I no longer inhabit this body.

This is why 2012 does not bother me in the least…I plan sometime to see the movie but that is just because I like fantasy.

M2¢

Phelan

I seed save, I can, I raise almost all my own food, including meats, and what I don’t have I can go without. And if there is no more harvest, well, I guess I will eat what we have and die with everyone else on the planet.

I don’t have a date or an event. I have my goal, and it is yearly.

Silent Bob

I think that having a date to be ready for is not good. There was a lot of preppers / survivalist that was planning for Y2K and had a good amount of supplies . When Y2K turned out to be a bust a lot of them had a big yard sale and sold / gave away their preps and went back to the way they were living. Yes we need to prep for different problems , but we need to be as versitle about our prepping as possible .
    Bob

sbsion

@islp55 wrote:

As far 2012…my calender ends every month and once a year…so the miian calender had to end sometime. 2012 just happened to be it.
    I prepare to survive and survive to prepare, for I know not when that day shall come when I no longer inhabit this body.
    This is why 2012 does not bother me in the least…I plan sometime to see the movie but that is just because I like fantasy.
    M2¢

Y2K was a good “wolf cry”………….will 2012 be the same…whatever, if the world economy survives until then, we’ll probably just get another date………whatever, there is going to be alot of excitement between now and then, and, if we thought Y2k was “fun”, this one should more than match it………right on

retief

Being prepared means being flexible in whatever life throws at you. Live as if the end can happen anytime, which it may. We will only know it’s the end after it happens, not before. 2010, 2012, doesn’t matter what year, just be ready for anything whenever.

Hansel1

Why fret over the past? You can not change it,

Why fret over the future? It has not happened yet.

Step by step, moment by moment look at what is happening right now, right this moment because that is the only thing that is real. If you need a date or an event to justify your preparations you may want to rethink your motives.
    Preparations are important because tomorrow, next week, next month, next year..and so on has not happened yet and are not real and are full of “possible” dangers to you and your loved ones. And because we do NOT know what will happen and can not predict with 100% certainty what will happen we need to be prepared just in case the events turn unfavorable. We can NOT change the past but we can learn from it and it has taught us all that it is prudent to prepare and that the likelihood of survivial of “any” event is going to be dependent on how prepared we will be for all events. Nobody can predict what the future will bring, nobody can influence with 100% certainty how the future will shape up..in fact I want to even say that nobody has even a 1% chance to predict or influence the future. So learn from the past, prepare for a future..any future no need to have an event or speculation of this and that, and be mindful of the present, of the only real thing we have and use this “”reality”” and try to ensure you and your loved ones will survive “whatever” happens.

John

RockinB
    Participant

Yep. If we both keep our jobs our ranch will be paid off. If not it will take a little longer….2013 or 2014.

sbsion

@RockinB wrote:

Yep. If we both keep our jobs our ranch will be paid off. If not it will take a little longer….2013 or 2014.

very optimistic…….what happens if neither happens………do you have an alternate plan? 2010 will be a “preview” year, be ready for Everything, as well as Anything

native87

Goals are very important. However a step at a time is all anyone can actually do. I don’t have an expiration date on me that I am aware of. Being physically prepared as one can is all great. However all the food arms shelter etc etc. won’t be ANY good if you can’t mentally be prepared for NOW.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum