Is 2012 any more important than 2010?

Welcome to APN! Forums General Discussion General Discussion Off Topic Is 2012 any more important than 2010?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #54297
    sbsion
    Member

    reality IS…………POV, thinking about it………..doing is not as important, but, it shows conviction……if we are not convicted, then will we really do what’s need to prepare…….righat on… as for 2012, it might be too late if we wait until then..too many obsticles ‘twix here and then..ie, economy, war, weather, etc.

    #54298
    Danny62
    Member

    Does any one remember in school talking about the years 2000 on having a population that we are going off the wall. Meaning crime, road rage or just rage. Remember thinking would not worrie about it as not live that long. This in the early 60’s now I’m here and 62 years young. Trying to get thing set up to make it my 3 days till CNN gets here might be a lot longer for the gov. to make it. I think the response of the gov. tells us that.
    Just a ramond whatever.
    Danny62

    #54299
    sbsion
    Member

    @Danny62 wrote:

    Does any one remember in school talking about the years 2000 on having a population that we are going off the wall. Meaning crime, road rage or just rage. Remember thinking would not worrie about it as not live that long. This in the early 60’s now I’m here and 62 years young. Trying to get thing set up to make it my 3 days till CNN gets here might be a lot longer for the gov. to make it. I think the response of the gov. tells us that.
    Just a ramond whatever.
    Danny62

    Interesting………think about how “the powers that be” are racheting up the “jitters” for 2012, like they did Y2K…we have movies (2012), history channel, politicians, scientists, religionists………….internet, etc…ALL “rattling the sword”……..so, what are we/they doing, WHAT’S COMING?…or, is it already an Obamanation?

    #54300
    Uvajed
    Member

    We’re heading for a revolution, or civil war. States are passing legislation, no to big government. I believe we’re all waiting for the fuse. When that ignites, we’re ready to defend freedom. Obamanation is just the start of NO MORE BIG GOVERNMENT. We rose up against King George, and we’ll do it again. I’m sure freedom loving people won’t put up with this mess much longer. I know I won’t, and everyone I know is waiting patently for the spark. I know, personally, military people are ready to rumble. These libs won’t know what hit them. Don’t mess with Americans and their freedom.

    #54301
    D_Loki
    Participant

    Uvajed, I believe that it’s a quiet revolution we are talking about. Yes, states are exerting their 10 Amendment rights as they should and the electorate appear poised to rid at least some of the disease residing in the Toilet on the Potomac. Unless something very disastrous happens I don’t see violence erupting. The momentum needs to be kept up. We who feel that our country has been run astray for too long, must keep up with our diligence. Those who think as we do, and more importantly think as our Founding Fathers do, need to step up to the monster that the Goobermint has become. The people have sounded and are for once being heard (So long Mr. Dodd & Dorgan).

    #54302
    RockinB
    Participant

    Yes sir we are very optimistic today. We have been in “escape from suburbia mode” for over 5 years and have completed our fair share of sleepless nights worrying about our family’s security since this “economic” mess started in our life in 2001. We have become self-sustainable through massive sacrifice (frugality to no end) and we no longer worry about those things out of our control. It will still be uncomfortable with a reduced standard of “energy” living but we’ll manage. Every day that ticks by now allows us to “re-do” the hasty infrastructure we threw together and build the additional facilities we want. I’ll try to post one of our earlier bumbling errors this weekend. We have had many!

    #54303
    sbsion
    Member

    @Uvajed wrote:

    I believe we’re all waiting for the fuse. When that ignites, we’re ready to defend freedom. Obamanation is just the start of NO MORE BIG GOVERNMENT. We rose up against King George, and we’ll do it again. I’m sure freedom loving people won’t put up with this mess much longer. I know I won’t, and everyone I know is waiting patently for the spark. I know, personally, military people are ready to rumble. These libs won’t know what hit them. Don’t mess with Americans and their freedom.

    I wish this were true, but, I believe we are going to exactly the opposite..ie, villages, tribes, and survival……..the deer hunters of America will survive, but, they’llhave to fight off the invading forces of Russia and China………military will we destroyed in america and accross the world, but, the NWO will succeed for a few years..hmmm we’ll see

    #54304
    MTJoe
    Member

    I simply do not have an outside date. My goal is to continue to stockpile, plan, and train as much as possible until I need to put plans into action. I really do wish I had like minded folk closer, and willing to band together. I simply do not see a single family unit being able to do it all.

    #54305
    cdj_61
    Member

    I think as time goes on, the probability of economic/governmental collapse increases. But as far as 2012 as it relates to the Mayan calendar and doomsday prophecies, I don’t put much stock in that. The end of the Mayan “Long Count” calendar is just the end of a cycle; the Mayans themselves seemed to have believed that the end of each of these cycles also represented a new beginning. They didn’t seem to view the end of the LCC as some sort of apocalypse.

    Astronomically, the Earth will pass through the galactic plane, an imaginary disk – rather like the equator – running through the center of our galaxy. This occurs every (if I recall correctly) 58,000 years. The Mayans were clever people for figuring this out through naked-eye astronomy. But passing through the galactic plane should be no more catastrophic than crossing the equator in a jetliner. There are no unusual gravitational or radiation effects along the galactic plane.

    I think there are those in Government and in the media who would LIKE us to be scared about 2012. If we’re expecting something dreadful to happen, who will many – if not most – Americans look to for mitigation? You guessed it: the Government. As White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel said, never let a good crisis (real or imagined) go to waste.

    There’s been quite a number of programs on the History and Discovery Channels playing-up the “Doomsday 2102” angle, not to mention the recent feature film. I’ve researched the producers associated with these films, and most are connected to progressive politics. Is this an accident? Or is 2012 hysteria being generated as propaganda, to drive us into the arms of the Government to save us?

    #54306
    sbsion
    Member

    @cdj_61 wrote:

    There’s been quite a number of programs on the History and Discovery Channels playing-up the “Doomsday 2102” angle, not to mention the recent feature film. I’ve researched the producers associated with these films, and most are connected to progressive politics. Is this an accident? Or is 2012 hysteria being generated as propaganda, to drive us into the arms of the Government to save us?

    wouldn’t it be to their advantage to go to a NWO without creating a 2012 panic?……..or, would it be like Y2K..wolf cries make politicing easier?…….it’s obvious govt. won’t save us, could it be a “religionist” movement, where by an anti-Chrsit would be an alternative, or…………whatever, it doesn’t look good right now for either employed or unemployed……..only 50% of our country is working to suppor the other, or is it, we just print the money to get more votes.?

    #54307
    IceFire
    Moderator

    I don’t have a “date”, because “stuff” can happen at ANY time.

    For those who are “stocking up” for 2012 like for Y2K, if nothing happens and then folks start getting rid of stuff, I plan on “helping” them get rid of it…right to my storage room. Something is GOING to happen, I just don’t know WHEN.

    #54308
    sbsion
    Member

    @IceFire wrote:

    I don’t have a “date”, because “stuff” can happen at ANY time.
    For those who are “stocking up” for 2012 like for Y2K, if nothing happens and then folks start getting rid of stuff, I plan on “helping” them get rid of it…right to my storage room. Something is GOING to happen, I just don’t know WHEN.

    I don’t have a date either, but, I “feel” 2010, especially this spring, will set a preview of, well, I hope you don’t wait until 2012 to buy those “extra’s

    #54309
    IceFire
    Moderator

    Not on your life, sbsion! My husband refers to my storage room as “the bunker” if that gives you any idea of the state of my preps. But if someone is trying to “unload” stuff, I’ll “help” them out…extra stuff is ALWAYS good. Even if I don’t need it, it can be used as a barter item.

    #54310
    sbsion
    Member

    do you store barter items, like alcohol, cigarettes and “excedrin type” asprin………..wait until the “fits” come…great barter items..BUY NOW!!!!

    #54311
    IceFire
    Moderator

    Some alcohol…(like, about 3 cases of wine, in addition to what’s in my wine fridge), and DEFINITELY the “exedrin”-type pain reliever. No tobacco though, nor will I store it, as the smoke from tobacco aggravates my asthma, and I don’t want anyone NEAR me using it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum