I've Taken the Plunge-

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TRex2 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ReadyMom

I personally feel that the more forums you belong to, the better. Each one has their own personality and discussions. I belong to many. Some have closed, since I started joining in, back in 2006. Only a couple are still here. There are a number of ‘new’ ones. There are many member names that I recognize from throughout the years, that are scattered around the net, on all the prep forums.

I’ve been going back & forth with myself, about making this post, because I don’t want to seem like I’m ‘competing’ with APN, but I want to share that I have recently started up a discussion forum. It’s going to be a ‘piggy-back’ site to my original ‘Emergency Home Preparation’ site that is an ‘Information Only, Card Catalog’ style of site. This new site will ALSO be called ‘Emergency Home Preparation’, but WILL be a DISCUSSION site. It will also be organized in ‘card-catalog’ style.

There’s SO MUCH that APN offers, with the ‘ANTS’ group and all the individual state groups, not to forget the APN Blog that is a wealth of information, but I’ve yet to see a site that is organized like the one I’ve formatted. I look at it as another cog in the wheel of preparedness information. And we need all the info we can get, to have a chance at keeping our families & communities resilient, if/when bad times come knocking at our door. I hope some of you will stop by and take a look: http://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com/

Cin
    Participant

I joined your forum, Ready Mom.

I like the organization and I’m trying to post different things on both the EHP forum and the APN forum.

Some information may overlap but I also feel we should all be on several different forums – when APN went down, I was lost for several weeks, wondering what happened, if it’d ever come back, and where would I find information now??? We lost so much on this forum that I guess can never be recovered – especially the hands-on experiences of all of as we went through prepper growing pains trying to figure what to do next on the path to self-sufficiency.

So the more outside forums we have, the better!

TRex2
    Participant

I will also, probably, join your forum. An advantage of multiple forums might be that we might cover more subjects, and there would be redundancy if one forum should come under attack, but I am concerned that it will also dilute our knowledge base, unless there is a lot of duplicate information (same info found on multiple forums).

How do you feel about my posting the same info on multiple forums?
    What about someone else cross posting info I post here?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  TRex2.

IceFire

Although I’m on there, between my work schedule and trying to get things done around here (that’s what happens when you’re trying to turn raw land into a self sufficient homestead–WAY too many building projects to keep up with), I just don’t have the time to keep up with many forums.

TRex2
    Participant

As any prepper worth their salt will affirm,
    Real World always has to come first.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.