Just got my new AA 930

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PatrioticStabilist 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

IceFire

Just got my new All American 930 canner today. That thing is HUGE! And HEAVY! However, I will be able to cut my canning time in half now, since I will be able to stack quart jars on top of each other (holds 14 quart jars). I’ve been using a 16 qt. Presto canner for years, and am REALLY looking forward to using my new “toy”.

PatrioticStabilist
    Participant

I just ordered a new American 930, I too am so excited. Was not sure we were going to put out a garden anymore with my foot issues. I found a new kind of brace and going to try it again this year and I hope more. The DonJoy ankle brace is giving me a lease on life, no cure but better. I found a great price $293 and just happened to have cash rewards from Bank of America on my credit card for $297 so guess where I used it. Hubs found an old time gas stove that he is setting up outside for me to use this on. It’s to big for my house stove. I’m so excited, should be able to go through canning pretty fast. I had 2 of the others 7 quarts each but could not find gaskets anymore that sealed right. I got worried the canners were losing to much pressure and not keeping the food under consistent pressure and might cause the items not to be cooked enough to sterilize.

So watch out, tomatoes, juice, stewed tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, lots of it. Relish, pickles, green tomatoes, maybe more beans, soups, and other items this year, also beets, peaches, apples, etc. I’m ready, now if we can get planted. Hubs also put a water hydrant by my garden so no more dragging a hose across the yard like I had to do, it was about 100 ft and that gets very heavy.

IceFire

I think you’ll like your new All-American. You can definitely do a lot more in one canning “run” with it than with the smaller ones. Also, not having to worry about getting/replacing gaskets is fabulous. Yes, they are a bit spendy, but worth every penny, in my book!

PatrioticStabilist
    Participant

I’m so excited, think it is coming tomorrow, got an email about a delivery don’t think anything else is pending. But I order tons online.
    So will have my canner and a large quantity of tattler lids, got the big mouth ones. I would like to order the smaller ones but have spent enough money for now. Maybe I can get them before canning season starts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum