Kansas Checking in

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Kansas Checking in

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  IceFire 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Phelan

Howdy

My name is Phelan, and I am the writer for the Kansas Prepper Network. If you haven’t read it yet, you should. Personally I think it’s niffty. Where else can you learn about burying your dead and canning meat? That gives us all something to think about. ha!

I do hope my fellow Kansans check in here, would love to get to know some of you.

kymber

Phelan….as you know i am not from Kansas but i recommend that everyone read the Kansas Preppers Network blog and your personal blog (which i have learned soooo much from!) – and i recommend this even though you talked about “dead” and “canning meat” in the same sentence….not sure if i should laugh or cry about that one….bahahahaha!

but if the rest of the Kansas preppers are even as half as knowledgeable, honest and earnest as you – then we are in for a really fun ride!

A Big Giant Canadian Welcome to all Kansas preppers…..yer in good hands folks!

Phelan

😳

kymber

teehee….sorry….but it was SCREAMING at me!!!

Phelan

I know it was. Everything I do screams KYMBER don’t ya know?

I enjoy making you laugh vomitingly.

rockl35

Hi Phelan. Looking for more of here in the great state of AHHHHS. who are trying to do the same things. Would love to know more about your site and blog. New to all this stuff but excited to be here.
    Rachel

kymber

teehee at Phelan….yer such a goofball!

Rachel – trust me – yer in good hands here!!!!

Phelan

Sure thing Rachel, just click on the links below and it will take you to either the Kansas Prepper Network or my Personal homesteading blog. Feel free to pm me here, or click on my profile on the blogs to email me with anything you want to talk about.

mmpaints

welcome and good to see ya!

Muzhik

@phelan wrote:

Where else can you learn about burying your dead and canning meat?

Well, it beats canning your dead and burying your meat. I have ADD, so that sequence of events is not beyond the realm of possibility. 😯

My ex-wife and I used to live in Topeka, and two of our three daughters were born there.

Phelan

Hi Muzhik!

There are times I feel like I have mixed the two up myself. 😀

Topeka is a nice place to visit. I live further south, South Central Kansas, somewhere between Wichita and Hutch.

IceFire

Hi, Phelan. Kansas, huh? My parents were originally from Kansas. Remember going to visit my great-Aunt and Uncle on there farm there…NO electricity, NO indoor plumbing, NO phone…you wanted water? Go out to the well, throw the bucket down, then crank the handle to raise the bucket back up. Gotta go? The outhouse is out back (complete with catalogues, but at 7 years old, I enjoyed looking at the “reading material” and wondering where the HECK the TP was…NOBODY had bothered to explain it to me). Want a bath? Well, then we get the big old wash tub down off the wall, get water from the well, pour it into a BIG pot and heat it on the cast-iron woodstove, then pour it into the washtub, go get MORE water from the well…..

As a kid, it was all fun and games, helping milk the cow, strain the milk to separate the cream, churn the butter, etc. They lived like that until they were well into their 80’s, when their kids FINALLY convinced them to move “into town” where’d they’d be able to get help if something happened to one of them.

I wish I had that farm…..

Phelan

Here in the spring, our farmstead will be a lot like what you are describing. However, I have demanded a solar shower.

IceFire

LOL, Phelan! I’m with you on the demand for the solar shower!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum