Kerosene as an antiseptic

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tigger2

I know, it sounds crazy but it works. Kerosene will stop an infection dead in it’s tracks, no pun intended. Let’s say your little boy steps on a nail(boys and girls do that), pour about an inch of kerosene in a pan or pot and soak the foot in it for about an hour. That should take care of an potential infection. Kerosene was around a lot longer than antibiotics. People used to have to use whatever they had, whatever worked. When I was 10, I stepped on a spike. It was way to big to be called a nail. I was at a store. I went inside leaving a trail of blood that a blind man could see. The owner took me out back where the kerosene pump was. He pumped some kerosene into a metal bucket. he made me sit there with my foot in that bucket for at least an hour. The kerosene helped stop the bleeding and I never even got the slight bit of redness which is a sign of infection. After a while, I stood up and lost my balance. I fell forward and cut my head open on the pump. When he came back out there and saw me bleeding from my head, he shook his head and said, I got to get you out of here.LOL

Home Remedies

KEROSENE

Kerosene (coal oil) was the “drug of choice” for many situations in years past. It was used to treat head lice. The person’s head would be rinsed with kerosene which then would be left in for a period of time. The kerosene would be washed out and the treatment repeated when necessary. The treatment worked, but kerosene (although generally nonirritating to the skin as other petroleum distillates are) does have a strong, offensive odor that lingers everywhere.

Kerosene has also been used for hemorrhoids. Using a rectal compress saturated with kerosene still can afford many people relief, especially for extremely irritated, external hemorrhoids occurring after childbirth.

The most common and beneficial use for kerosene is as a first aid antiseptic for cuts and scrapes. Applying kerosene to a cut helps stop the bleeding and prevent infection. It promotes healing and does not burn.

Athlete’s foot also responds well to daily applications of kerosene.

Kerosene is very good to use on animal skin problems. For horses and cows, using it on their hooves, when cracked, helps heal and prevent infection. It is also good for worming horses. About a l/2 cup per 600 pounds put in some sweet feed every 6 months works well. The horse has to be hungry though because they don’t like the taste of the kerosene.

As a general antiseptic and first aid product, kerosene is handy to have around.
    http://www.endtimesreport.com/homerem.html” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum