Mandatory ASVAB testing for Juniors. Grr!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TaffyJ
    Participant

My son is a Junior in high school. They are trying to tell him its ‘mandatory’ to take the ASVAB test. For those of you who don’t know, the ASVAB test has long been a military placement test that you must take before joining the armed forces. Now, it has been pushed to public schools by recruiters to be taken by every HS Junior they can get it to, apparently. They’re passing it off as a career aptitude test through the guidance counselor. In fact, the military (DOD) wants to get its foot in the door with every warm body they can, whether a person intends their future to include military service or not.

I’m not opposed to the idea of military service. Many in my family serve proudly. What I don’t like about this is the word MANDATORY. I don’t want my kid or his scores in a database unless he does it voluntarily, when he’s at least 18. I know they’d hound him afterwards, because my hubby and I foolishly took it and scored high. Recruiters were calling us for months.

Sad to say, nowdays, I don’t trust where his personal information will end up.

Does anybody know what happens when you refuse to take the test? To me, this is a big huge OPSEC loss right at the beginning of a prepper’s life. Thoughts?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum