COOKING Source-Flameless Heaters & MRE Heaters

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  derhaashund 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

remadl700

I have been looking for a supplier for these tablets that Mountain House uses in their ovens or a similar type. Does anyone know where you can buy a bulk supply of these from???? 😕

Also, if someone knows how to make this mixture with these chemicals and would like to share the recipe.

Mt. House FAQ’s state that it is:
    What are the chemicals used in our Mountain Oven? It is a simple combination of <u>powdered food grade iron and magnesium.</u> When salt water is poured on the heater pad the Food Heater releases enough heat to warm-up a pre-cooked meal 100 degrees Fahrenheit in approximately 10 minutes. This patented technology generates an exothermic, electro chemical reaction. Spent heaters are biodegradable and easily disposed of as ordinary household waste, with no toxic materials.Close

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  ReadyMom. Reason: Edited Thread Title & Merged Posts

ReadyMom

While housekeeping, I came across this post and did a little research on it.

This is a link I finally found on the heater in question: It looks like they don’t even make them anymore.

Then I found THIS on the heater the OP is asking about:

Honestly, I would NOT feel comfortable making this on my own, but others might.

ReadyMom

This is a link I finally found on the heater in question:
    It looks like they don’t even make them anymore.

“>

ReadyMom

This is a link I finally found on the heater in question:
    https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Oven-Flameless-Heating-Kit/dp/B0007WK6VE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 It looks like they don’t even make them anymore.

http://zenstoves.net/Flameless.htm

ReadyMom

Well, I found this link, after a bit more looking. Looks like they are available here: http://www.hurricanestore.com/newsite/product198.html

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  ReadyMom.

derhaashund
    Participant

We have a couple of these. Hubby bought one when we last visited East Coast Prepping supply in VA. The owner kicked in a free one as he said there were a lot of reports of them not working very well so he said take an extra just in case.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.