"Must ingredients for survival"? BEFORE Aug 2?

Welcome to APN! Forums Survival, Preparedness, and Sustainability Food & Water General Food Topics "Must ingredients for survival"? BEFORE Aug 2?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    sbsion

everyone should have a magnifying glass, “just-n-case” you want a fire?

edea1976

For lots of great info on firestarting and survival info check out http://www.survivaltopics.com

sbsion

excellent, every prepper needs to see a site like this, thanks, really enjoyed it

Vina8

I appreciate the link, Edea1976. I hadn’t run across this one before, and I really like it. I added it to my Google Reader. Thanks.

sbsion

another important and VERY inexpensive must for survival ingrediants…….BAKING SODA…….substitute for many medicals, use in cooking, etc……….google it 😉

Vina8

@sbsion wrote:

another important and VERY inexpensive must for survival ingrediants…….BAKING SODA…….substitute for many medicals, use in cooking, etc……….google it 😉

Totally agree, sbsion. If you have baking soda, vinegar, and salt, you can clean, heal, or cook just about anything. :thumbsup:

sbsion

all these things are cheap, anyone can add them to their survival preps…………..to bad we can’t get some dehydrated water, right?……….oh, I guess that’s where “mother nature” becomes the #ONE ingrediant to survival……..enjoy, without it, we won’t survive, pray often

jackiep35

flour…for baking, cooking and adhesive paste.

IceFire

@sbsion wrote:

….to bad we can’t get some dehydrated water, right?……….oh, I guess that’s where “mother nature” becomes the #ONE ingrediant to survival……..enjoy, without it, we won’t survive, pray often

Dehydrated water….to rehydrate, just add water :rofl: Kind of defeats the purpose, though….just sayin’…

TheLight

Knowledge and the ability to adapt.
    Knowledge is always with you, even when you gear is not.
    Adapting knowledge to your situation is the key to survival.

jackiep35

water has 3 phases:

gas
    liquid
    solid

if you could turn water into a gas, compress it into a canister then you have…dehydrated water. LOL.

sbsion

four………..dehydrated too?

sbsion

so………..that’s it, “musts” are water, salt, spices and food, preferably some clothing and shelter……..R guns necessary? 😉

IceFire

@sbsion wrote:

so………..that’s it, “musts” are water, salt, spices and food, preferably some clothing and shelter……..R guns necessary? 😉

The necessity for guns depends on your situation. If you need to defend your water, food, shelter, and clothing from those who would forcibly take them from you, they very well could be. For other things, such as hunting, while there may be alternatives, they are generally less efficient/have shorter range. So, while they may not be absolutely essential, they certainly are a good tool to have!

sbsion

if you add “tools” to necessities………….a shovel, hoe and a rake would be probably as essential as a gun?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum