"Must ingredients for survival"? BEFORE Aug 2?

Welcome to APN! Forums Survival, Preparedness, and Sustainability Food & Water General Food Topics "Must ingredients for survival"? BEFORE Aug 2?

This topic contains 128 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  sbsion 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author

andrew

I know that you guys have moved beyond sprouting, but I am getting to this discussion rather late.

I usually sprout the pinto beans that I buy from the grocery store. I don’t know if my #10 cans of pintos will sprout or not after 10 years, but, the bags from the grocery store sprout great. I tried to sprout some of my hard red winter wheat without much luck, but they still cooked up nicely.

Pinto bean sprouts cook up much faster than beans that are just soaked overnight. We try to eat a pot of sprouted pinto beans each week to get the kids used to the flavor and texture. They call them beans with “tails.” Below is a pic of the beans when they are sprouted:

I was able to upload a pdf comparison using USDA data on pinto beans vs. pinto bean sprouts. I had to take out the water content to make an apples to apples comparison. This is not scientific but you can see that sprouted beans provide different nutrition that unsprouted beans.

MMPaints will be happy to know that I never intend to plant the beans I spout, because I will need them to survive, initially.

Now If I would just get my rice to sprout too! :rofl:

sbsion

you can, if you use brown rice before the go rancid..white rice is usually polished, it won’t

sbsion

another :necessary ingrediant?….FEAR..is there anyone here that would prep if they thought the world would go on without and problems>

sbsion

Plant your garden, build your greenhouse, buy seeds that will sprout, do it TODAY…….IT IS Necessary NOW :clap: :gunshooting:

koeelvry
    Participant

STUFF………LOTS of STUFF

sbsion

@koeelvry wrote:

STUFF………LOTS of STUFF

Do you think Aug 2 is of any significance?…………..do we need some extra money…..sell our gold and silver and buy “essentials and tradeables”?

JayJay
    Participant

I think just doing what we’re already doing–like each week going to sam’s and buying 50 lbs of rice (and 10 cans of tuna today also).

dogboy

Tools? How about a can opener?

sbsion

atleast two, and not electric..he he

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum