Natural tick repellent?

Welcome to APN! Forums General Discussion General Discussion Off Topic Natural tick repellent?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Trinity 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

angie_nrs
    Participant

I’m looking for a natural tick repellent for my dogs. The ticks seem VERY active this year and I fear that trend is only going to get worse. I have removed 4 on one dog in just the past 2 days and we only walk in mowed areas and trails. I have also found ticks on my clothes and a couple that were not attached but crawling on my leg. I can’t even imagine what hunting dogs must be dealing with this year. I don’t want to use Frontline or any other dog medications so I have been researching essential oils and other natural remedies for tick repellents. I ordered some oils and will try them when they arrive on myself and my dogs.

I was wondering if any of you use or have had success with essential oils or any other natural methods of either repelling ticks or killing them?

Trinity
    Participant

Ticks can be scared off with the scent of some plants. One can use lemongrass, rosemary, wormwood, eucalyptus for that purpose. Citronella is a great tick repellent too. Try searching this blog for the solution, there is a lot of remedies to fight insects described there. You can use essential oils of the plants I mentioned as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.