New Columbia County FL prepper

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  IceFire 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JerryMD
    Participant

I have been prepping for years and have relocated to north central FL into Columbia County and am looking to find other like minded folks. I have expertise in medical areas but also some experience with food storage. I need experience in glass jar canning, tactical skills and dressing and butchering wild game. I have interests in shooting and hunting. Looking forward to meeting others in my new community!

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  JerryMD.

Illini Warrior
    Participant

canning is a whole lot like cooking >>> follow the recipe and instructions – practice practice practice – I advise beginning with hot bath and hot jar dry canning and get used to handling the jars & food pack – running the pressure canner and getting into $$$$$ meat isn’t a good beginning ..

IceFire

Agree with Illini Warrior…I learned water bath canning from my Mom. After getting more comfortable, progressed to pressure canning with a less expensive Presto pressure canner, for vegetables/low acid foods, then eventually got an All American pressure canner and canning meats, stews, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum