New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,269 total)
  • Author
    RachelSTL

Hey everyone! Im a newbie to all this and Im really excited to read everyone’s posts on how to prepare if/when SHTF. I’m from St Louis, MO and I have 2 gorgeous little girls, a 5 yr old and a 1 yr old. We have already started a small garden in the back yard and we are slowly storing supplies. I definitely look forward to learning all I can from this site

okie B

Welcome Rachel! There is lots of information here to help you with your journey in getting prepared. Just don’t let yourself get overwhelmed! It takes slow and steady progress really for most people. All levels of preppers are welcome here — hope to see you more on the board!

@RachelSTL wrote:

Hey everyone! Im a newbie to all this and Im really excited to read everyone’s posts on how to prepare if/when SHTF. I’m from St Louis, MO and I have 2 gorgeous little girls, a 5 yr old and a 1 yr old. We have already started a small garden in the back yard and we are slowly storing supplies. I definitely look forward to learning all I can from this site

welcome Rachel!! You are going to love this forum!!

wildhorse

Hi,

I am a new member from New Mexico. I would like to talk to people in Northern New Mexico, Oregon, and Idaho. I am originally from the Pacific Northwest and now reside in New Mexico. I am planning to return to the PNW, and I am considering relocating to the Bend, Oregon area.

Currently, I am a writer after having changed careers from criminal justice and university teaching. I have written two novels and 30 screenplays including two sweeping epics based on little know historical facts.

My background includes stints as a commercial and instructor pilot, police and security operations, and university teaching.
    I am an experienced outdoors man with a lifetime of wonderful experiences from hunting, fishing, camping and hiking.

My interests include International Relations, Security Issues, History, Fishing and Backpacking, Canoeing and Wilderness Preservation.

Thank you.

Wildhorse

Vina8

We are very happy you joined us MayandJune, Caveman, Rachel, Wildhorse, and mb3! Just make yourself at home and let us know if you have any questions. There are a lot of great folks here willing to share. mb3, uncooperative partners and family is a common subject here. Congratulations on taking advantage of a close-to-home situation to increase her awareness.

caveman82952

You are sooo right, mb. I keep hundreds of gallons about, and a Little camp shower if nothing else. So many folks don’t realize, how much water to wash your dishes, or use paper plates in emergencie, to wash your clothes, yes a washerboard comes in hand with some gloves. You use and reuse, rinse once and well…in the end it goes down the toilet or on your veggie. My grandmother did maraton bathing with use, same bath water. Use it to flush your toilet or water plants. I bought an inverter to recharge cell phones and this computer off car batteries. I am set up to very quickly turn to water harvesting from my roof. I am learning……and would be more than delighted to learn from like minded souls…a group of folks pulling together, and we all know what is said about strength in numbers.

welcome to all the new Folks!!! from Connecticut Network Preppers !!!

ShedGal

Hi All,
    I’ve been reading all the great info on the forums and finally registered. I’m in the Pacific Northwest and look forward to contributing whatever I can to the discussions. My focus now is on permaculture and providing more of our own food using less resources.
    Thanks to all those who contribute to this great forum!
    -Shed Gal

-Shed Gal
    Hey Shed Gal,
    What have you been doing with the Permaculture stuff? Your focus is the same as ours. We have a small homestead in New England CT and are creating a forest garden and zoning our yard out.. Slowly but surely we are getting there..

Muzhik

Welcome, Shed Gal! Just curious: have you ever visited the Permaculture Forums? http://www.permies.com/

ShedGal

cityhomesteader- I’ve been re doing the orchard area changing the mix of fruit/nut trees and adding in nut hedges and edible ground cover like wild blueberries. I’m also trying to restructure the slopes with swales to collect water as well as organic material to feed the trees and crops. The wild blueberries are my favorite new addition, they are less than a foot high but have tons of very tasty berries with more nutritional content than regular blueberries. They keep the maintenance to a minimum under the trees and attract pollinators.
    Muzhik- I haven’t been there but I will check it out thanks!

shedgal,
    Sounds great We have several areas of our woodlet that we are converting over to forest garden. Experimenting as we go because we live on the wrong coast. LOL I planted very young trees becuase they were cheaper than bigger trees. Paw paws, persimmons, pears, apples, and mulberries, tree layer, shrub layer Service berry, bush cherry, currants, and attempting oregon Grape holly. The currants to a hit with some insect and were defoliated. The cherries are struggling with bacterial canker, MY woods seems to be getting a lot more weeds now that the birds are coming more..

MissK80

Hi, my name is MissK80 (say it fast) and I’m from Indiana. 🙂

@MissK80 wrote:

Hi, my name is MissK80 (say it fast) and I’m from Indiana. 🙂

welcome Missk80! I like that..miss katy

Welcome MissK80.

Northern Indiana here. Glad to have you.

Patriot Pirate

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum